DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omel

Portal Member
August 14, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm not sure what are you trying to do. As I know on TV you should have same resolution as on desktop. MP gets desktop resolution and video (whatever resolution it has) is resized to desktop resolution.

This is what i mean:

I have a Full-HD TV attached by HDMI to my MediaPortal box in the living room and use a HD skin to make use of the resolution of the TV (1920x1080). When watching media (video, tv) MediaPortal resizes the original material (mostly smaller than 1920x1080) to keep the resolution on the HDMI output constant.
This is useful for a PC monitor, but not for a TV, which can resize (and deinterlace) itself. So I wonder if it would not be much easier / better, if MP would output the video in its native size (and framerate and interlacing) and let the TV do all the work. This would also improve the picture quality in those cases where the MediaPortal resolution is not the same as the TV's, because it would avoid double resizing (once in MP, once in the TV). Is there a posibilty to let MedaiPortal play the native media format to the HDMI output?

regards Omel

Hi,

i found thread with same question, but I think that's impossible. Every skin is made for some resolution and after start is skin resized to screen resolution. Everything within skin (playing video is within skin) is resized to fit to skin. I don't know how MP can work with changing resolution, because while playing video you can show OSD, context menu etc and these things are in another resolution as played video.

okay thats why its a big thing... :)

:D

omel

Portal Member
August 14, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

Is it possible to set a pin on a channel so it can not be viewed on a speciel tïme of day without the pin

if yes How ?

regards

Omel

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi

Is it possible to set a pin on a channel so it can not be viewed on a speciel tïme of day without the pin

if yes How ?

regards

Omel
    To be correct I don't know if it is possible to set PIN code for TV channel (regardless of time). But this is interesting idea and maybe you should put it to Improvement Suggestions.

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    I'm currently using a plugin (by gipsyjack from pristavka.de forums) that uses a VideoLAN mod to stream the Kartina.tv IPTV service. The problem is that I can't use any of MP's cool functionality (timeshifting, intelligent zoom/aspect ratio, etc...).

How exactly am I supposed to set this plugin up so that MP is able to view Kartina.tv? Thank you!

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I'm currently using a plugin (by gipsyjack from pristavka.de forums) that uses a VideoLAN mod to stream the Kartina.tv IPTV service. The problem is that I can't use any of MP's cool functionality (timeshifting, intelligent zoom/aspect ratio, etc...).

How exactly am I supposed to set this plugin up so that MP is able to view Kartina.tv? Thank you!
    First of all you need channel playlist. In your playlist should be addresses like 'http://test.tv/channel?id=12&user=AAA&pass=BBB'. In that case replace 'http' with 'kartina', place playlist into MediaPortal Tv Server\TuningParameters\dvbip folder and try scan.

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    I see. It looks like Kartina.tv does not provide a playlist, so one has to be generated manually.
    They have some docs of their REST API here: Rest Api English -

Does the 'kartina' protocol you are using use their REST API to retrieve stream URLs or what?

omel

Portal Member
    August 14, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Got an idea if your program can feel that there is no signal, is it possible that your program can stream a fake picture Saying "no signal" instead

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi

Got an idea if your program can feel that there is no signal, is it possible that your program can stream a fake picture Saying "no signal" instead

Without reworking DVB-IP part of TV Server it's not possible.

dimka

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2009
    Hillerod
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Geogius,

Have finally upgraded yesterday to 1.2.2 and your plugin. Kartina works like charm ! Super ! Thanks a lot !

I am going to create some extra tools for Kartina - where can I find your source so I could try to change KARTINA sub-plugin?

br,
    dimka

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi Geogius,

Have finally upgraded yesterday to 1.2.2 and your plugin. Kartina works like charm ! Super ! Thanks a lot !

I am going to create some extra tools for Kartina - where can I find your source so I could try to change KARTINA sub-plugin?

br,
    dimka
    Sources you can find in FEAT-3774-Rework_MediaPortal_IPTV_Source_Filter branch of MP. But as Caleb wrote, KARTINA implementation is not good, it should be implemented through their REST API. But I know only one member (romka420), which uses this protocol and I'm not sure if he is using some kind of wrapper or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom