DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So just to be very clear: it is okay to move the unneeded DLLs to another folder - the DVB-IP filter will keep operating?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Yes, needed file is filter itself (AX file) and used protocol implementation.

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a way (or does it even make sense) to use DVB link IPTV in Mediaportal as tuners? I have posted about this on the DVBlogic forum weeks ago but nobody has answered yet.

p.s. which are the typical files I could move to improve speed? 350ms is actually quite a chunk (relative to the total)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Is there a way (or does it even make sense) to use DVB link IPTV in Mediaportal as tuners? I have posted about this on the DVBlogic forum weeks ago but nobody has answered yet.
    I'm not sure what are you meaning, can you be more specific?

p.s. which are the typical files I could move to improve speed? 350ms is actually quite a chunk (relative to the total)
    You can remove all protocol implementations, which are not needed for you. As I can see from logs, you're using UDP protocol, so you can remove MPIPTV_FILE.dll, MPIPTV_HTTP.dll, MPIPTV_RTSP.dll and MPIPTV_RTP.dll.

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not sure what are you meaning, can you be more specific?

DVB Link is a virtual tuner that uses GBA so it turns up as a tuner in MediaPortal TV Server. As Windows MediaCenter does not support IPTV natively this is the way you get IPTV in WMC which actually works really well, stable and fast. Somebody has written about using it in MediaPortal please see here but it seems (see first post) that is not actually using the DVBLINK tuners but just re-using the playlists.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    DVB Link is a virtual tuner that uses GBA so it turns up as a tuner in MediaPortal TV Server. As Windows MediaCenter does not support IPTV natively this is the way you get IPTV in WMC which actually works really well, stable and fast. Somebody has written about using it in MediaPortal please see here but it seems (see first post) that is not actually using the DVBLINK tuners but just re-using the playlists.
    I don't know how it really works, but in my testing Win 7 virtual machine it created several DVB-T cards. MediaPortal also sees these DVB-T cards. You can try it, but I really don't see any benefits.

Mephis

Portal Member
    September 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello, I can not configure IPTV. IP-TV Player shows fine, VLC does not show. Mediaportal when scanning channels says No signal. Firewall is disabled. OC win7 64

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello, I can not configure IPTV. IP-TV Player shows fine, VLC does not show. Mediaportal when scanning channels says No signal. Firewall is disabled. OC win7 64
    If VLC is not working than MediaPortal will not work. Both have almost same network code. I think that IPTV player is doing something special before stream is send to client.

MPM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have been testing IPTV for few days now and need some help...

The playback of http streams in MP is "jumpy"... In almost all cases I get it smooth if I pause it for 10-15 seconds and then press play again... I have tried to emulate this "pause/play" behaviour by increasing buffer size and max buffer parameters but it doesn't make a lot of difference. Same streams play smoothly in the VLC...

Any other parameters that I could play with? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi,

I have been testing IPTV for few days now and need some help...

The playback of http streams in MP is "jumpy"... In almost all cases I get it smooth if I pause it for 10-15 seconds and then press play again... I have tried to emulate this "pause/play" behaviour by increasing buffer size and max buffer parameters but it doesn't make a lot of difference. Same streams play smoothly in the VLC...

Any other parameters that I could play with? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Can you follow Reporting bugs and problems section in first post and post logs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom