DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You bet. He is more than welcome

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again @georgius

I discovered the log verbosity setting in the config file and created some new logs with verbosity set to "data".
    These new logs are attached.

Looks to me like the connection is being set up okay, but no data is received?
    I thought these devices were using RTSP and RTP, but it seems your filter is attempting to use RTSP and UDP?

This tuner is an internal PCIe card that is like a network adaptor for Windows -> I'm not sure whether creating a UDP connection with 127.0.0.1 would work if you want to receive the stream from that tuner.

mm

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello again @georgius

I discovered the log verbosity setting in the config file and created some new logs with verbosity set to "data".
    These new logs are attached.

Looks to me like the connection is being set up okay, but no data is received?
    I thought these devices were using RTSP and RTP, but it seems your filter is attempting to use RTSP and UDP?

This tuner is an internal PCIe card that is like a network adaptor for Windows -> I'm not sure whether creating a UDP connection with 127.0.0.1 would work if you want to receive the stream from that tuner.

mm
    "Data" verbosity is too much, in common situation you need at max "Verbose" verbosity. You' re right that no data were received. But this situation can have several reasons:
    1. no data are sent from server - you can monitor sent data through Wireshark or any other network monitoring tool, you only need to check if some data are comming after negotiation is finished
    2. you have blocked UDP ports 45000 - 46000 (in config file: RtspUdpPortRangeStart and RtspUdpPortRangeEnd)
    Because RTSP lib used in MP doesn't have many options how to sent data out, I choosed UDP protocol. So, RTSP stream is sent to UDP (ports (by default): 45000 - 46000) and then is sent to output of IPTV filter.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Few months ago, i tried a lot of codecs for H264 DVB-IP streams , and PDVD 10 / Divx AAC was the only codec couple which was working correctly. I had to use Filmerit and Microsoft codec Tweaks to force theses codecs. because the choice of them inside MP Setup wasn't enough. Now I try to test with LAV Codec and i can't , even using filmerit and codec Tweaks. (Graph Edit show other codecs)
    I tried Microsoft codec , and ffdshow codec: Graph Edit show them but the screen is frozen as before.
    With DVB-T Card, it's working correctly and all kind of codec is ok even if the best couple is PDVD10/DIVX AAC (but i prefer DVB-IP because there is more channels, and picture quality is better)
    Do you have an idea to help me ?
    Thanks
    Because your TV server part is working, create some test recording. Then use GraphStudio to find appropriate combination of video and audio codec. Did you set some HW acceleration in ffdshow or in LAV codecs? While using ffdshow, you're using ffdshow or ffdshow DXVA video codec?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "Data" verbosity is too much, in common situation you need at max "Verbose" verbosity. You' re right that no data were received. But this situation can have several reasons:

1. no data are sent from server - you can monitor sent data through Wireshark or any other network monitoring tool, you only need to check if some data are comming after negotiation is finished
    2. you have blocked UDP ports 45000 - 46000 (in config file: RtspUdpPortRangeStart and RtspUdpPortRangeEnd)
    I found the problem was a network configuration issue.
    VLC could not receive the stream.
    Even WMC which normally works could not receive the stream.
    The flash memory which stores configuration is stuck in bridged mode - a firmware bug. After re-configuring the tuner in bridged mode with the local ethernet adaptor your filter works perfectly. :)
    I'm just hoping that bridged mode is not required. We will test later in non-bridged mode with hardware that does not have the firmware problem...

jacks

Portal Member
    November 12, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Few months ago, i tried a lot of codecs for H264 DVB-IP streams , and PDVD 10 / Divx AAC was the only codec couple which was working correctly. I had to use Filmerit and Microsoft codec Tweaks to force theses codecs. because the choice of them inside MP Setup wasn't enough. Now I try to test with LAV Codec and i can't , even using filmerit and codec Tweaks. (Graph Edit show other codecs)
    I tried Microsoft codec , and ffdshow codec: Graph Edit show them but the screen is frozen as before.
    With DVB-T Card, it's working correctly and all kind of codec is ok even if the best couple is PDVD10/DIVX AAC (but i prefer DVB-IP because there is more channels, and picture quality is better)
    Do you have an idea to help me ?
    Thanks
    Because your TV server part is working, create some test recording. Then use GraphStudio to find appropriate combination of video and audio codec. Did you set some HW acceleration in ffdshow or in LAV codecs? While using ffdshow, you're using ffdshow or ffdshow DXVA video codec?
    Thanks for your answer
    Yes I use HW acceleration in ffdshow and LAV (i tried without DXVA too).
    I have tried LAV (with LAV i can't connect the filter to the renderer), FFDSHOW, Cyberlink 9,10,11 , Microsoft DTV with Enhanced Video Renderer et VMR9 with GraphStudio without any success...
    I don't know what codec can I try now ? Maybe I have to set something special on LAV codec to be able to connect it to the renderer ?

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi
    I've tried this filter with DVB link, and it works fine.
    But the channel switch times are about 5-6 sec.,
    this is not a MP issue as ch.sw times are 1-2 sec with tv server and with DVB link and windows media center it is 1 sec.
    Can it be a setting in IPTV filter, or is it just that long to switch the streem.

BR Shummi

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi
    I've tried this filter with DVB link, and it works fine.
    But the channel switch times are about 5-6 sec.,
    this is not a MP issue as ch.sw times are 1-2 sec with tv server and with DVB link and windows media center it is 1 sec.
    Can it be a setting in IPTV filter, or is it just that long to switch the streem.

BR Shummi
    Can you post log (MPIPTVSource.log)? I need to check what's happening while switching channel.

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Sorry i had a MP crass and had to re install.
    I had MDA** installed, but that tried to descramble the stream, so I reinstalled without, and the switchtime went down to about 3-4 sec.
    this is the same as WMC
    i don't much about streams, but would it be faster to use another type.
    /BR shummi

EdG

Portal Member
    April 8, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

Is there a possible way to select audio track in a rtsp stream ?
    By exemple, with vlc, i can select audio track like this :
    vlc --audio-track-id=1005 rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=100004

--audio-track-id enables the track selection

I did not find out a way to do it with IPTV source filter
    According to documentation only channel can be selected :
    rtsp://test.tv/channel

Is it realistic to ask for a modification to add audio track selection ? by exemple :
    rtsp://test.tv/channel{audio-track-id=1005}

It would be great because for many people in europe, ISPs give rstp radio stream grouped on channel with several audio track by channel (1 radio = 1 audio track).

Before mediaportal 1.3.0, the following development enable track selection :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/vlc-source-filter-for-tv-server.102734/
    It worked because it used trancoding with vlc and enabled to use the "--audio-track-id" argument...
    But It doesn't work with latest mediaportal 1.3.0 version anymore, I tried it.

Best Regard,
    Ed

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom