DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I know problem with same UDP port and I'll fix it when I return (2 weeks).

Danmed 2 weeks of holidays , this is a long time to wait... :D

I'm just kidding of course, take as mutch time as you need to fix it, it's already great to have RSTP support :)

Thanks again.

Smeulf.

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Great improvement for the MP IP tuner! I can't wait for the final release for RTSP support.

Til now, I tried to set it up (on MP 1.2b) and it does not find any channel (no signal reported).
    The corresponding RTSP streams are read properly by VLC. Attached is the log, if this can help!

But... enjoy your vacation before! ;)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    MP 1.2.0 Beta has problem with scanning of DVB-IP channels. Use latest SVN or install MP 1.1.3. You can also install MP 1.1.3, scan channels, export channels and uninstall MP 1.1.3. Then install MP 1.2.0 Beta and import channels. It should work.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    MP 1.2.0 Beta has problem with scanning of DVB-IP channels. Use latest SVN or install MP 1.1.3. You can also install MP 1.1.3, scan channels, export channels and uninstall MP 1.1.3. Then install MP 1.2.0 Beta and import channels. It should work.

Or maybe he can be patient and wait for the 1.2RC to be release : MEDIAPORTAL - MediaPortal 1.2.0 RC - Development Update

It's up to you wawa79...

Cheers.

Smeulf.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm back and new experimental version is attached to first post.

Thank you very mutch, it works well now with 2 IPTV cards :D

I tried to have more than 2 cards, witch is the maximum I'm allowed with my ISP for my bandwitch, and I can find this message in the logs, and the filter keeps trying to connect to the stream again and again :

28-08-2011 19:17:15.224 [13f4] [{43A7911D-AF2A-49F7-8E34-E09BF15D6B5D}] [Error] CMPIPTV_RTSP: OpenConnection(): error while setup subsession: SETUP: cannot handle response: RTSP/1.0 453 Not Enough Bandwidth

And in this case, I have an "unknow error" displayed in media portal.

It's not really an error, as 2 is the maximum allowed, but maybe it can help you to have an even more perfect RSTP filter, witch would correctly handle this case (BTW, I don't know if it's in the RSTP specifications, I let you check ;) ) [Edit] Maybe some usefull links => http://www.iana.org/assignments/rtsp-parameters/rtsp-parameters.xml and the RFC witch I assume you already have http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2326.txt[/Edit]

Cheers, and again many thanks!

Smeulf.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia

I tried to have more than 2 cards, witch is the maximum I'm allowed with my ISP for my bandwitch, and I can find this message in the logs, and the filter keeps trying to connect to the stream again and again ...
    I assume that 2 cards were working (simultaneously watching TV, recording, ...) and other cards were returning errors.

28-08-2011 19:17:15.224 [13f4] [{43A7911D-AF2A-49F7-8E34-E09BF15D6B5D}] [Error] CMPIPTV_RTSP: OpenConnection(): error while setup subsession: SETUP: cannot handle response: RTSP/1.0 453 Not Enough Bandwidth
    While issuing "SETUP" command was returned "RTSP/1.0 453 Not Enough Bandwidth" message, this message was generated by your provider.

It's not really an error, as 2 is the maximum allowed, but maybe it can help you to have an even more perfect RSTP filter, witch would correctly handle this case (BTW, I don't know if it's in the RSTP specifications, I let you check ;)
    MP (I checked only MP 1.2.0 Beta SVN 28134) shows in any DVB-IP error "unknown error".

I assume that you want something, but from your post I don't understand what.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France

I tried to have more than 2 cards, witch is the maximum I'm allowed with my ISP for my bandwitch, and I can find this message in the logs, and the filter keeps trying to connect to the stream again and again ...
    I assume that 2 cards were working (simultaneously watching TV, recording, ...) and other cards were returning errors.

While issuing "SETUP" command was returned "RTSP/1.0 453 Not Enough Bandwidth" message, this message was generated by your provider.

It's not really an error, as 2 is the maximum allowed, but maybe it can help you to have an even more perfect RSTP filter, witch would correctly handle this case (BTW, I don't know if it's in the RSTP specifications, I let you check ;)
    MP (I checked only MP 1.2.0 Beta SVN 28134) shows in any DVB-IP error "unknown error".

I assume that you want something, but from your post I don't understand what.

Well I'll try to make my thoughts clear then :

It works well with 2 IP TV Cards, no more problem on that side

Now if I use or 3 IPTV Cards, the ISP returns "RTSP/1.0 453" witch is totally normal.

The "problem" is that this case can happen if I already watch a program directly from the ISP box (Then I use 1 stream from the box on my TV, and I can try to use 2 streams from my computer, and I'll get this message).

The main idea is to make the IPTV Card properly handle this message instead of getting an "error cannot handle response", maybe stop looping on the 3rd attempt (?) instead of after 10 seconds (witch makes a hundred of tries), and only if possible return a better message into MP.

I don't know if it's a good idea or not. It's just a tester idea who don't like to see "ERROR" in a log file ;). See it please as a small bug report/ minor improvement :p

Cheers.

Smeulf.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    The main idea is to make the IPTV Card properly handle this message instead of getting an "error cannot handle response", maybe stop looping on the 3rd attempt (?) instead of after 10 seconds (witch makes a hundred of tries) ...
    I'll look on server responses and I'll try to handle server responses properly.

... if possible return a better message into MP.
    In MP 1.2.0 it's not possible (if I correctly understand than MP 1.2.0 Beta/RC is in feature freeze state), but maybe in MP 1.3.0.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    New version of experimental filter released (first post). I left "errors" when connection is not opened successfully. But I implemented configuration parameters (for all protocols) to limit how many retries of opening connection can be done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom