[confirm] dvb subs, teletext subs, framedropping (1 Viewer)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi tourettes,

Thanks you so much.

I amazed how much time you put into this. I really appreciate the help. You guys have done a huge amount of work all the way towards the final release :)

The RC1 release is the most stable to date and i have been testing for years!

Mylle

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ok. Its definately a dvbsub problem. Teletext subs are working with no problem.

I have uploaded a sample where dvbsubs were enable and where i have massive framedropping. Weird thing is that when playing back the recording the subs do not even show up but the framedropping is there. Hopefully you can find out whats going on.

zSHARE - sample.zip

Unfortunately I cannot comfirm the issue. I see no dropped frames nor stuttering when playing back that file. Also those teletext subtitles are correctly displayed.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think i might have solved the problem but i need to test some more.

I set the logging level to error instead of debug. Just weird that it would make a difference.

regards
    Mylle

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I set the logging level to error instead of debug. Just weird that it would make a difference.

Logging in teletext subtitltes is quite verbose, so it could cause issues on some PCs.

sve1

Portal Member
    June 23, 2008
    Svelvik
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Mylle,

A friend of mine is having a simular issue. Did it solve your problem?

/sven

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Actually i did.

I had to set the debug mode from debug to error under the general tab in mediaportal client.

Please let me know if that solves your problem too.

I just did a complete reinstall but still had to change for debug to error to solve the problem again. If it solves your problem to maybe we should have the devs set the debug mode toi error instead of debug as default.

regards
    Mylle

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I just did a complete reinstall but still had to change for debug to error to solve the problem again. If it solves your problem to maybe we should have the devs set the debug mode toi error instead of debug as default.

Debug logging is enabled only for SVN and RC releases. "Real" release don't enabled that.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It makes sense why it would be set like that.

It just seems that alot of people have problems with dropped frames and stuttering and if the solution to some of theese problems is as simple as this maybe the best way would be to set the debug option to something less than debug?

regards
    Jacob

sve1

Portal Member
    June 23, 2008
    Svelvik
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes it seems that his problem is gone. He had this issue on 3 of his MP installations. He get an occasional stutter, but nothing he cant live with. So thanks for the tips, you sure made his day like xmas. (he is deaf, so subs is kinda a big issue for him)

/sven

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    It makes sense why it would be set like that.

It just seems that alot of people have problems with dropped frames and stuttering and if the solution to some of theese problems is as simple as this maybe the best way would be to set the debug option to something less than debug?

SVN / RC1 releases are targeted to gather as much info as possible on different issues that different people are seeing. And even the debug logging is not enough to collect enough information in all cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom