[confirm] dvb subs, teletext subs, framedropping (1 Viewer)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It makes sense why it would be set like that.

It just seems that alot of people have problems with dropped frames and stuttering and if the solution to some of theese problems is as simple as this maybe the best way would be to set the debug option to something less than debug?

SVN / RC1 releases are targeted to gather as much info as possible on different issues that different people are seeing. And even the debug logging is not enough to collect enough information in all cases.

Right but still......

if logging is causing an issue in itself, that to me is a problem. I have an E8400 3.0ghz dual core with 2gb ram running win7 so i dont think that it is a performace issue. Rather its a problem with logging subtitle info. It was pure coincidence that i found logging to be the root cause of my issue and i was pulling my hair out for days trying to find out what was wrong. I provided logs in this thread and you had a look at them but they did not reveal that logging was causing dropped frames.

there must be a way to solve this so other user do not run into the same problem and post issues with dropped frames causing devs to hunt through logfiles for nothing.

regards
Jacob

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There is a lot of logging going on when using teletext subs. Try to set Log verbosity to Error just to make sure it's not the logging itself that cause the framedrops

Edit: Ah - I should have read through the whole thread before answering.. My mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom