DVB-T (digitenne) scrambled channel makes a mess (1 Viewer)

Helstrom

May 11, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi everybody!

First of all, thanks for this wonderful product. I've been using MediaPortal on my HTPC for some time now and am very pleased with it. However, I've hit a snag.

Today I installed the TechnoTrend t-1500 DVB-T tuner with associated CI interface to watch DVB-T through MP, fulfilling my life-long dream of having all of my media in one box, under one remote. After some mucking about, I got everything working fine except for one channel.

My provider, Digitenne (Dutch), offers one free erotic channel called Private Spice. It is apparently encrypted a bit differently from the others. All encrypted channels run fine except for this one. The EPG comes up fine, but MP reports the channel as scrambled and gives no video or audio (neither in MP nor in the configurator's preview). The channel does work when accessed through an external receiver, so it should not be a smartcard issue.

Of course, with a decent internet connection, who needs boobies on TV - but the problem is, every time I switch past this channel, MyTV becomes messed up. After the "scrambled" report, the image will freeze on the channel I came from, and instead of moving on to a different TV channel, the audio will begin playing one of the radio channels which are also included in this DVb-T. Hitting "stop" a few times usually gets me back to the main menu, from where I can access MyTV again, but sometimes it hangs and I need to restart MP altogether.

I reckon I could delete the channel, but then again, these are free boobies we're talking about! Plus, after all the hours I have put into this rig, I just want everything to work the way it should.

Me = stumped. Any thoughts?

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: XP Pro version 2002 SP3
CPU Type: Intel 4 2.40 GHz
HDD: WDC WD3200
Memory: 1GB DDR1
Motherboard: ASUS P4P800 VM/S
Video Card: XFX HD-465X-ZPF2
Video Card Driver: ATI version 8.620.0.0
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: -
1. TV Card: TT-budget T1500 (BDA)
1. TV Card Type: technotrend t-1500
1. TV Card Driver: version 5.0.0.23
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Gabest
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: ATI
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Digitenne (DVB-T)
HTPC Case: MS-Tech MC300
Cooling: A whole lotta fans
Power Supply: Nexus NX-3500
Remote: MCE remote
TV: LG 42lh3300
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Don't laugh! It works fine as long as I don't try anything at 1024p :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This can only be one of two things, cam cannot decrypt or wrong codec.

To eliminate the codec side, the best one to try is the SAF unlocked version by hoborg, there you can chose the PowerDVD codecs for mpeg2 and h.264, see if the problem still exists, if it does then it is the cam, so maybe a firmware update is needed.

Helstrom

May 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the response guys!

I've tried some different codecs to no avail, so it's probably the CAM. For the time being though, I'm done messing with this (I was sort of hoping it's be a known issue with an easy fix :oops:). When I get some spare time on my hands, I'll dig into it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom