DVBs: (Skystar2) Very first beta for try on sourceforge (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

stax said:
any plans to implement mpg recording? I'm using dvbcore in my app KeyDVB which uses a old closed source COM wrapper for dvbcore. It records corrupt time stamps so I started building my own wrapper for the adapter class in the SS2 SDK with C++ managed extensions (it just works :) . Setting a channel and rendering the graph was easy. I figured out my files play fine with VLC and implementing mpg recording likely won't be easy so I canceled my wrapper for some time because a) somebody else might come with a mpg solution, b). BDA will likely take of and c) managed extensions syntax will change drastically soon and the available VisualStudio Express betas have too many issues. The only source code I've found to convert ts to mpg is libdvb, before working on mpg recording I need to improve my coding skills. I'm very curious about your work ;), sadly open source is not very popular in the Windows DVB scene, you guys are a pioneers in this regard :)

What do want to be able to play the files back in?

stax

Portal Member
October 29, 2004
What do want to be able to play the files back in?

I skip a lot, the fastest and most reliable DShow filter chain I know is mpg -> elecard parser -> sonic decoder, other filters or build in solutions like MPC and VLC are either to slow or not precise and stable enough or all together. The critical task is the parser I think and the elecard parser might be the best MPEG2 parser available.

A

Anonymous

You could use the Stream Buffer Engine to create your recordings. This wraps the files in MS's dvrms. This will give you accurate and responsive seeking. Works wonderful for live as well with full trick play. Pretty easy to code.

stax

Portal Member
October 29, 2004
You could use the Stream Buffer Engine to create your recordings. This wraps the files in MS's dvrms. This will give you accurate and responsive seeking. Works wonderful for live as well with full trick play. Pretty easy to code.

didn't know about this API, it'll be part of future considerations, thanks

stax

A

Anonymous

I still hope a soon release...

In this time here some feature request:

- OSD skinable (ex like the Dreambox has)

- Bouqets (for grouping the Channels)

Is that planned??

A

Anonymous

Please keep me informed. I would like to test as well.
Thanks.

A

Anonymous

hey, i have an SkyStar2 too, using different DVB-programs. I would like to help you, testing the new Plugin/feature.

my system:
Amd 1800+
512 Mb of memory
Skystar 2

thx.

A

Anonymous

I would like to test the skystar plugin as well..

Ronald

A

Anonymous

I would help to test the Skystar 2 Plugin (can't await it) 8)

Hardware:
Modified Compaq D500 SFF P4 1,5GHz (nice Pizza-Box) :D
DVD 8x
80 GB HD
Skystar 2
MCI Geforce FX5200
640 MB SDRAM

Win XP Pro SP2
Mediaportal 0.1.0.0
ProgDVB

Status
Not open for further replies.