DVBSky S952 - Any Comments? (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
<off topic> @gurabli has your card arrived yet?</off topic>

hi mm!
yesterday we have mounted the dish and the rotor on the top of the building. It looks very promising, signal quality and strength are very good on most of the sats we have checked so far. It still needs some fine tuning to program all the sats in the motor, but it will be done during this week.

I believe the DVBSky S950 PCIe card will be with me by the end of the week or early next week, I was promised to get fast delivery.

Can you please contact me in private that we could discuss the motor support we have agreed on?

I'm so much looking forward to get this to function properly, it would be so great!

BTW, does MePo support USALS or which diseqc protocol will be used for motor control?

Many thanks!

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
hi mm!

I have just received the DVBSky S950 card, finally! Was not easy to get one! I will be able to try it out on a non-diseqc setup this weekend, as I'm leaving from home for two days. I hope it will work fine!

I will be back home on Monday, and after work, I will be able to install in my htpc and connect the motorized dish.

Could you please pm me that we could discuss the remote access details? I can't send you a PM.

I see that MP 1.5.0 will be released this weekend or within few days. Do you think I should upgrade and that we should do the proper motor support for 1.5.0?

I also have some faith that MP will support this card's diseqc motor functions out of the box, but we will see this on Monday evening. Fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Teeo

Portal Member
September 28, 2009
Helsingborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
An update on my "issue" tuner.

Looks like there is no issue. The tuner is broken :(
I bought another s952 card with the same revisionnumber and it works fine.
I have no more tuning issues :)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
An update on my "issue" tuner.

Looks like there is no issue. The tuner is broken :(
I bought another s952 card with the same revisionnumber and it works fine.
I have no more tuning issues :)

Glad to see that you managed to solve the problem. I hope they replaced the broken tuner. All these tuners are made in China, and I believe they do not do so high standard quality checking, resulting on faulty cards on market. And not just DVBSky, but all the other brands.

These are excellent cards, after thorough testing I can say I'm impressed with the performance and quality. On my HTPC it is much better then a DM800 or Vu Solo.

Time will tell how long it will last.

Signal quality and strength looks to be mixed up in driver, but these are not so important and reliable information as each card (and STB) interprets these values differently. Other then this, no other issues I have found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom