DVD ISO files with My TVSeries Plugin (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi all. So I have a TON of seasons of TV shows on DVDs. My idea here was to rip the ISO's directly to my media center (actually, most already exist there now!). I am able to watch them with MP no problem (in My Videos).

Now, I'm having the problem with My TVSeries recognizing these as TV shows, and even more so, getting it to recognize it as MULTIPLE shows per DVD ISO.

How can I make this work with this plugin? I desperately want the episode info to be there like would be normal if I had many mkv or avi files....but I really need this to work with my ISO files since I have so many already!!

Thanks!!!

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had the same issue, and am now spending a LOT of time ripping all my DVD collection to .mkv :(

I couldn't find a way of doing it either, not all is lost though as my DVD's will go from around 4.4gb each to 1.2Gb ish a film. So I can fit a LOT more films on there without loosing hardly anything in the way of quality.

For your info should you choose to go this route, just type handbrake into google. Go to there home page, they have a forum to. You can download and install handbrake, totally free :D

I think if you do find an answer I would be interested to know how. All is not lost though as the effort is worth the space saving for me ( I do only have 1Tb of space for films :( ) although it would be easier for me to just have the ISO's.

Regards

Kev

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    Yeah, I understand - and i was about to go that route.

With films, I find it very easy to use my current DVDs. However with episodic TV-DVDs, I find this to be a horrible nuisance! Ripping 4-8 shows per DVD is such a pain, haha. Not to mention that on many of my TV-DVDs the extras are amazing....

I hope My TVSeries can address this issue....

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, I hope too. And even if this isn't possible, just adding the possibility of being able to assign multiple episodes to one file would do the trick.

ben001

Portal Member
    May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In the past i have read about various users on this forum getting around the problem by creating dummy video files that show "insert dvd XXX" or how ever your media are cataloged. then one would just have to insert the dvd that the video file states.

the tv series plugin is still able to parse the correct file names from the dummy video files however things such as length, quality etc would not be accurate unless you script/manually update tv-series database with the correct information from the dvd.

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    Well I've found that I can create one video file with multiple episodes in it (Lost S03 E22-E23.mkv) for example. Then it will use the same file for both episodes automatically.

I tried this with my sopranos dvds: "Sopranos S04 E01 E02 E03.iso" But the problem here is that it won't pick up an ISO file as a valid video file...so that's where my problem lies now. How can I make it see ISO's? Or how can I manually add?

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well I just now assigned the first episode of every disk to the VTS_01_0.ifo file (basic DVD file), but I haven't tested that yet. Should work...

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    I use daemon tools to mount my ISO files. I've found that it works LOADS better than that IFO thing with media portal, so I assumed the same to be true forMyTV Series.

I feel it should be a simple fix for us for now, if somebody can implement the recognition of an ISO file in My TV Series. How can I officially request this to the creators/people working on it?

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But how do you do that then? Right now i can select every disk I have on my HDD (ISO format). With daemon tools you can only use one, right? And every time you want to change disks you have to go into Windows to mount the new disk... Then I'd rather have it this way.

With this IFO thing working, it would be great to be able to assign multiple episodes to one file. Since right now I have only a few episodes in my Season screen, even though every episode in MP represents four episodes on the disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom