DVD ISO files with My TVSeries Plugin (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Oh it's easy with daemon tools! MP has a setting in their config so that it will do it for you WITHIN MP. Make sure you're looking at advanced config options, and it's under the first drop down tab I think. You just have to pick the .exe in the config so it knows where to look.

Then, in MP, you just press once to load it automatically, then again to play it!!

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well, I still think it's a pretty high priority to make it possible to assign multiple episodes within MyTVSeries to one file. Let's hope it's implemented soon.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Yeah, and still the problem with manually adding anything in My TVSeries is driving me crazy. I can't manually add anything, it just won't show up in the database at all (After the manual add window comes up, and I specify series/episode information, I can only EVER click the CANCEL button!).

Clean

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
I believe that you need to get MP to recognize .ISO as a video file. Do that in the config under Video -> Video Extension. Once .ISO is added then I believe that the plugin will pick it up, however, mediainfo.dll will not return any tech specs on the file so that will need to be entered manually if you want it. I am just guessing on this as I have not tried it with ISO files.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It does read it, but you have to assign an episode to it. Something like 'S1D1' isn't an season/episode format.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Not possible. MyTvSeries cannot assign multiple files to one episode, or split on file in multiple episodes.

Clean

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
I think it all depends on how you name the file and the naming rules used in the plugin. It can handle multiple episode files though I have only ever used double episode files. Try playing around with the rules and see what can be done and check out the Rules thread for some suggestions.

lemonhead

Portal Member
August 17, 2006
Täby
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Manually adding

shackrock I think i had the same problem as You with the manual add... It is not very logical. You need to write a series name in the "series" box and press enter. You will get a new window.

I think the manual search needs a search button and a separate field for entering what to search for. Not a editable multiple choice filed, it's not intuative at all now.

I used this: elsdoerfer.namentfslink To make hardlinks to the .iso file, one for each episode, that seems to work fine. Try it!

I've also tried to name the file with multiple episodes, and gotten it to work somewhat. But never get all the episodes, just some of them with some series, and only the first with one series. Very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom