[DVD] DVD Navigation Issue & DVD Playback (2 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi pilehave

Helios61: Can you play back your DVD's outside MediaPortal? In Windows Mediaplayer?

Playback in Mediaplayer is working fine!

Snaeh

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same Problem here!

DVD playback with Windows MediaPlayer (WIndows 7) is working fine. Mediaportal 1.1.0 Beta is crashing when starting a DVD (testet with 10 different DVDs).
    DVD Playback with the same settings at Mediaportal 1.0.2 works.

System:
    Windows 7 Professional
    Intel Atom 330 on Zotac ION ITX A
    4 GB RAM

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same problem here also. Tried on two completely different machines with very different hardware (both Win7 RC Build 7100). Insert a physial DVD freezes MP but ripped copy works OK.

It's only DVDs, CDs work fine.

I have a separate problem on one machine (the one with a Satellite card that can tune to HD broadcasts - the other has a DVB-T usb tuner that will only tune SD broadasts). The installation went with no problems. On the satellite/HD system if I tune to an HD channel with DD5.1 I get sound out with no problem. If I tune to an SD channel with "ordinary" sound I get no sound out at all. If I play a ripped DVD with DD5.1 then sound is OK - but if I play a music CD I get no sound at all. On the other system standard dolby encoded CDs and SD TV play OK.

If I start device manager and look at the default direct sound device I can see that for DD5.1 the SPDIF output is being fed with input - but for CDs it isn't. MP clearly thinks it's playing the disc because I get track info. etc. displayed correctly - just no sound out.

Would appreciate any ideas on where to look for this - it's clearly an MP problem because no other player gives any problems.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same Problem here!

DVD playback with Windows MediaPlayer (WIndows 7) is working fine. Mediaportal 1.1.0 Beta is crashing when starting a DVD (testet with 10 different DVDs).

System:
    Windows 7 Professional
    4 GB RAM

What Windows 7 version are you using? I use x64 and DVD playback is working but very frequently as described by Helios61. I don't have crashes.

Snaeh

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same Problem here!

System:
    Windows 7 Professional
    4 GB RAM

What Windows 7 version are you using? I use x64 and DVD playback is working but very frequently as described by Helios61. I don't have crashes.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional x86 RTM Version loaded from MSDNAA.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same problem here also. Tried on two completely different machines with very different hardware (both Win7 RC Build 7100). Insert a physial DVD freezes MP but ripped copy works OK.

It's only DVDs, CDs work fine.

I have a separate problem on one machine (the one with a Satellite card that can tune to HD broadcasts - the other has a DVB-T usb tuner that will only tune SD broadasts). The installation went with no problems. On the satellite/HD system if I tune to an HD channel with DD5.1 I get sound out with no problem. If I tune to an SD channel with "ordinary" sound I get no sound out at all. If I play a ripped DVD with DD5.1 then sound is OK - but if I play a music CD I get no sound at all. On the other system standard dolby encoded CDs and SD TV play OK.

If I start device manager and look at the default direct sound device I can see that for DD5.1 the SPDIF output is being fed with input - but for CDs it isn't. MP clearly thinks it's playing the disc because I get track info. etc. displayed correctly - just no sound out.

Would appreciate any ideas on where to look for this - it's clearly an MP problem because no other player gives any problems.

Try SAF (Stand Alone Filters) codec pack for MP here on the forum available. It is also for WIN7.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-filters-dxva-ready-mpeg2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/

But on topic again. Seems to be only crashing on WIN7 x86. DVD navigation issue is on both x86 and x64 and was working on 1.0.2 as reported by Snaeh

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I'm not able to reproduce this on Win7 x64 using default dvd navigator, PDVD9 for video & ffdshow for audio on both ripped/solid/iso's discs.
    So tell me exactly how to reproduce it, step by step ;)

Regards
    Roy

Snaeh

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got news for the navigation issue.
    Starting a DVD image from the beginning with menues causes the navigation problem (at 70% of my movies).
    When i stop the movie and resume it directly again (answering Yes to the prompt if i want to continue) it is working all fine (timeline is correct and steps are working).

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    I'm not able to reproduce this on Win7 x64 using default dvd navigator, PDVD9 for video & ffdshow for audio on both ripped/solid/iso's discs.
    So tell me exactly how to reproduce it, step by step ;)

Regards
    Roy

Hi Roy, strange is that your system specs show a Vista x64 system :)
    Using SAF?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I've got news for the navigation issue.
    Starting a DVD image from the beginning with menues causes the navigation problem (at 70% of my movies).
    When i stop the movie and resume it directly again (answering Yes to the prompt if i want to continue) it is working all fine (timeline is correct and steps are working).

When having DVD navigation issues (in menus) make sure that you are using corresponding DVD navigator and MPEG2 decoder (like it says in MP config).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom