[DVD] DVD Navigation Issue & DVD Playback (2 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got news for the navigation issue.
    Starting a DVD image from the beginning with menues causes the navigation problem (at 70% of my movies).
    When i stop the movie and resume it directly again (answering Yes to the prompt if i want to continue) it is working all fine (timeline is correct and steps are working).

+1

Snaeh

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got news for the navigation issue.
    Starting a DVD image from the beginning with menues causes the navigation problem (at 70% of my movies).
    When i stop the movie and resume it directly again (answering Yes to the prompt if i want to continue) it is working all fine (timeline is correct and steps are working).

When having DVD navigation issues (in menus) make sure that you are using corresponding DVD navigator and MPEG2 decoder (like it says in MP config).

I didn't mean navigation issues in the DVD menue but the known bug that the timeline isn't shown properly and the timesteps aren't working.
    Resuming a movie without entering it through the menues solves this problem.

Snaeh

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using AnyDVD fixes the Playback issue. Of course i didn't try, cause it's forbidden to use it in germany - i just heard about it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Using AnyDVD fixes the Playback issue. Of course i didn't try, cause it's forbidden to use it in germany - i just heard about it.

In that case the issue is caused by DVD navigator, so nothing to be fixed in MP side for that specific bug.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Snaeh!

Thanks for the PM and big :D for the solution! With AnyDVD enabled, playback seems to work fine! I hiope , the timeline issue will be fifed in the next SVN!

Best regards

Helios

In that case the issue is caused by DVD navigator, so nothing to be fixed in MP side for that specific bug.

Hi tourettes!

But it happens with MS Navigator and with PDVD Navigator!

Best regards

Helios

Snaeh

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for additional information:
    I installed Win7 x64 on my system and had the same issues as using the x86 system.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hi Snaeh!

Thanks for the PM and big :D for the solution! With AnyDVD enabled, playback seems to work fine! I hiope , the timeline issue will be fifed in the next SVN!

Best regards

Helios

Hi tourettes!

But it happens with MS Navigator and with PDVD Navigator!

Best regards

Helios

BTW, the question if you have installed AnyDVD was 1st one i asked :)

TrueBlue

Portal Member
    March 6, 2008
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So it´s now required to have AnyDVD to play DVD in Media Portal :confused:
    Something have changed because i had no problems playing DVD before.

It´s also a very vital function to play DVD in Media Portal and i hope it gets solved without having to install AnyDVD.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So it´s now required to have AnyDVD to play DVD in Media Portal :confused:
    Something have changed because i had no problems playing DVD before.

It´s also a very vital function to play DVD in Media Portal and i hope it gets solved without having to install AnyDVD.

+1 This is realy anoying. Completely hangs.
    What OS do you have TrueBlue? Fill in your system details :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom