[DVD] DVD Navigation Issue & DVD Playback (1 Viewer)

TrueBlue

Portal Member
March 6, 2008
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Processor: Phenom
Graphics: ATI Radeon 3870
Motherboard: GA-MA78-GM-S2H
Navigator: tried DVD Navigator, Power DVD 7-9
Video Codec: tried MPC, DScaler, PowerDVD 7-9

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Also having problems with DVD palyback

I have given up with DVD playback in Media Portal. I've had issues with all settings/codecs/navigators, both XP/Vista, and with three totally different hardware sets. This has followed me all time using Media Portal, since the beginning about 5 years ago. In all of those HW/SW/OS combinations for example XBMC, Power DVD, Win DVD, etc... have worked with no problems. Hopefully MP2 will improve DVD playback.

Anyway, since MP is nowadays working almost perfectly with TV, scheduled recordings, standby/resume, videos, music - this doesn't seem to be so big issue for me. I have thought to convert the DVD:s I have as mkv/h264 to fix this kind of problems permanently, but haven't had time to investigate how to do it. Also I'm too lazy to put any DVD disc to my HTPC, so I'm only suffering this problem when viewing ISO/VIDEO_TS files stored on my NAS :) Any physical CD/DVD disc is old fashioned compared to HTPC hard drive or NAS.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    All DVD playing problems should be fixed in next SVN - I really do hope so.

SteffelGreen

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    None MPEG2 codec is working. Powerdvd7-9, ATI MPEG Video Decoder, Microsoft DVT-DVD, Elecard...

DVDs with .ts are working, but normal DVD doesnt.

On 1.02 or 1.1Beta rev23491 I can change the ratio with DVDs.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Using Rev. 23831 I actually have same issue. I have tried with ffdshow and Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9) as codec and both EVR and VMR9. I haven't tried any earlier version but I'm sure it used to work :)

This is on Windows 7 64-bit.

There is created an entry in the log when the dialog-window is opened, but nothing happens when I click the item or press enter. The window closes and leaves no traces in the log of anything being selected.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is playing normal DVDs in MediaPortal under Win 7 a no go? I have been playing around with all sorts of settings, but most DVDs just won't play. Doesnt' seem like anybody has any solution to this yet, or am I missing something?

Snaeh

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is playing normal DVDs in MediaPortal under Win 7 a no go? I have been playing around with all sorts of settings, but most DVDs just won't play. Doesnt' seem like anybody has any solution to this yet, or am I missing something?

using AnyDVD solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom