Dynamic refresh rate under Windows 10 (I've an Amd video card) (1 Viewer)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    There is an issue with Window10 and last MP (1.12.0). I guess it could be related to the dynamic refresh rate. I've a R260X with the last Catalyst driver. When a refresh rate is perfomed some times it take too much time as usual and the play start but it flicker with the main desktop. I had no problem with previous Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
    My opinion is that could be useful to add a kind of delay to allow MP to wait the completion of refresh rate change.

edit: tried with a external script and dc2 (Display Changer II) with an autoit compiled exe script. It takes at least 5,5-6 seconds to complete refresh rate change, with my r260x and Panasonic St60 tv.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I already try this kind of hack but it will not work correctly from inside MP (delay graphbuilding etc.), we should not add hack for buggy drivers lol.
    For sure on my Nvidia card + Win10, the delay is fast on my side.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, but there is some kind of new issue with Windows 10 because I never had any problems before and I use MP since a long time.
    Keep testing using a 7 seconds delay to be sure it's a refresh rate related issue.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It's possible that the problem I have it's not related directly to the refresh rate..

try to explain, I've a pc monitor through vga connector (1600x900) and the Htpc purpose plasma tv full hd (1920x1080).

when I start MP by script (starting it by remote) I swap the monitor because I need to run MP on the main monitor (avoiding occasional stuttering when playing on the seconday one) so during MP operation including run a file the plasma tv is the main monitor and the vga/pc monitor became the secondary one (extended). When MP is closing the script back to the previous/normal state (pc use)

In some case, I don't know when and why the MP swap the monitor into start screen option so Generic pnp monitor (1920x1080) on... became the first item in the list and the (1600x900) the second one. Instead sometime when start a play the MP desktop is displayed for a while on the secondary screen and the video start rendering video correctly on main . These kind of issues are probably related to the problem I noticed starting a play.

My opinion is that configuration isn't the best solution . Should be better an option to bind MP to main o secondary (extender) monitor to keep MP on the their order

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe you can try the second option (keep MP fullscreen ...) and see if the setting change on the fly, this is strange but could be a bug :)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It's odd because in MP there was an option in early releases to disable the start screen selection (or to enable it).
    Could be usefull to replace back it. Start MP on the secondary (extended) monitor is never not a good option

Anyway it was weird when I play an MKV on the main monitor, MP was on the plasma TV correctly, the refresh rate change the tv frequency (on the tv plasma), MP go beside on the secondary monitor for a while (!) and back after few seconds to the previous monitor with the normal video reproduction. :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom