Empty Recordings - CPesPacket::Fullbuffer (1 Viewer)

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
TV-Server Version: 14587
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2 SVN 14587
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP MCE 2005 - Rollup 2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.4GHz
HDD: Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz
Motherboard: Intel G965 DTO
Motherboard Chipset: Intel G965
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia GT7600
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 91.47
Sound Card: Integratred Azalia
Sound Card AC3: optical
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DVICO Dual Digital 4
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.50.02
2. TV Card: Hauppauge 150 MCE
2. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24103
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia Purevideo

I've found that all recordings on one of my transponders always fails (SBS Brisbane for those in Brissy who might be having similar problems). All other transponders record fine.

I've attached the log, but basically the tv-server constantly pumps out the following types of lines, whenever recording this problem transponder;

14-05-2007 19:02:21 CPesPacket::Fullbuffer 0 0
14-05-2007 19:02:21 CPesPacket::Fullbuffer 26 26
14-05-2007 19:02:22 CPesPacket::Fullbuffer 52 52

I'm assuming the problem is something due to the streams provided by this transponder. But just looking at the logs I cannot see any obvious issues with this channel over others. I've included a log that includes multiple successful recordings, as well as a couple of failures, just in case someone can spot what the differences are.

Does anyone have any idea what this trace actually means??

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
Apologies, I should have put some more information in the original posting.

The problem is specific to MPG, if I change to TS the problem goes away.
This is specific to recordings, viewing that channel is fine. (I think this is because when timeshifting live TV by default the TVServer uses .TS format).

Changing to TS is a workaround that might work for many, unfortunately the software that I'm using to transcode doesn't like the TS files, so I need MPG.

The problem appears to be in the extraction of the program stream from the transport, obviously there is something in there that the MPG writer doesn't like, but only for this transponder.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The problem is specific to MPG, if I change to TS the problem goes away.
    This is specific to recordings, viewing that channel is fine. (I think this is because when timeshifting live TV by default the TVServer uses .TS format).
    correct, timeshift uses TS(transportstream)

Changing to TS is a workaround that might work for many, unfortunately the software that I'm using to transcode doesn't like the TS files, so I need MPG.
    we are in the same boat ;)

i can not confirm this specific issue, but i can confirm that there is definitly something going wrong with the recorded mpg's atm.

we are currently about to confirm a few issues related to it.

:D

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have this problem too.

I've only just discovered it because I wasn't recording any shows from SBS (Melbourne) in the past, not that I wasn't watching any, I just wasn't recording any. Now I do and I get 0 byte mpg files.

I use XBMC to play back almost all my recordings and last time I checked it wouldn't play back TS files. But I will try again.

If there is anything I can contribute to help fix this let me know.

Cheers,

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have this problem too.

I've only just discovered it because I wasn't recording any shows from SBS (Melbourne) in the past, not that I wasn't watching any, I just wasn't recording any. Now I do and I get 0 byte mpg files.

I use XBMC to play back almost all my recordings and last time I checked it wouldn't play back TS files. But I will try again.

If there is anything I can contribute to help fix this let me know.
    since you can confirm this issue, could you please add it to mantis? :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've uploaded to the developer FTP a sample TS file recorded from the station that is causing the problem for me (SBS Melbourne). For other developers: you can find my TS file under my name.

It looks like a fault in one of the Filters. Which is outside my area of expertise. I'll try to get a mantis bug entry made for this... My Mantis access hasn't come through yet.

Cheers,

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The thread becomes a bit confusing.
    The first statement was that mpg recordings cause problems - ok
    Then and-81 posted a ts file ??? and that file plays fine in MP ??? - so what was that about?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    gemx,

MPG recording doesn't work for some DVB-T transponders, in particular it seems the "SBS" network in Australia. It is seemingly due to a quirk of their broadcast transport stream not being compatible with the MPEG writer filter in the TV Server.

The MPEG program stream that is meant to be saved to disk when recording is actually a sub-set of the Transport Stream, so by providing a TS (Transport Stream) file I'm hoping that it might prove useful for whoever attempts to fix the problem.

Particularly if the person who is trying to fix it can't reproduce it with an over-the-air broadcast in their area (not Australia) maybe they can use my TS file to gather whatever information they need to fix the problem.

I can't supply an MPEG of the problem. The very nature of the bug precludes this.

If I've worded my post poorly then I apologise for any confusion it has caused.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom