Empty Recordings - CPesPacket::Fullbuffer (1 Viewer)

dimakatchalo

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Bump

I am in Melbourne, Aus. and experiencing the exact same issue with the SBS network (recordings in MPG are 0 bytes, TS recordings are fine, watching the channel is also fine).

I get the same results with the old and new TS filters.

Any news on this bug? I can do testing if required. I didn't provide logs given this issue has been discussed/logged by previous posters. If logs are needed, pls let me know.

Thanks.

p.s. running latest SVN and TVE3 + MP0.2.3 RC1.

c5000133

September 14, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

I am also having the same issues as the others i.e. when recoding in MPG the file size is 0 bytes. When recording in TS everything works fine. I also have the following errors in tswriter.log

14-09-2007 16:27:10 CPesPacket::Fullbuffer 4438 4438
14-09-2007 16:27:10 CPesPacket::Fullbuffer 4472 4472

Currently tunned to Freeview in the UK (Crystal Palace)
Tuner card is Kworld DVB T 220 and VideoMate DVB-T 300 (both have the same issue)
TVengine3-09-13-2007--10-15h--Rev15868
MediaPortal_0.2.3_RC2
SVN 09-13-2007--01-05-Rev15867

If this is a confirmed bug is there any news on when it may be fixed? I am also more than willing to help out or carry out some tests. I can also supply more detailed logs etc, just let me know :)

thanks for a great product

Alistair

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I am having the same problem with german DVB-S programs here. Sometimes I have empty recordings, sometimes they seem to contain audio only. Changing from MPEG to TS seems to resolve this problem. Let me know if I can help or you need details.

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Got the same problem here (DVB-T, Sweden). Ts = Ok, MPG = Bad.

Latest SVN's and stuff.

Edit: Seems to be a few channels only affected. If you want a recording to analyze or something, I can upload it whereever.

Edit2: Those channels ALWAYS use multichannel Dolby Digital.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please don't expect mpeg support to be fixed soon - if at all!

The team's highest priority is to get the tve3 stable and useable for the most people. This demands all our resources and therefore a "bonus" feature like mpeg recordings can't be addressed yet. We would be happy of course if there is a community coder skilled in C++ who wants to help out there ;)

zion22

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We would be happy of course if there is a community coder skilled in C++ who wants to help out there ;)

C++ ?

I consider myself to be an "ok" coder, but not in anything that start with a C... :p

ddj147

Portal Member
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please don't expect mpeg support to be fixed soon - if at all!

The team's highest priority is to get the tve3 stable and useable for the most people. This demands all our resources and therefore a "bonus" feature like mpeg recordings can't be addressed yet. We would be happy of course if there is a community coder skilled in C++ who wants to help out there ;)

Damn. I'm surprised (and disappointed) that .mpg recording is viewed as a "bonus" feature. :(

I guess by the number of comments I've seen around the forums referring to .mpg recording I'd thought that it was viewed to be a little more of a core feature... but I understand, there are always limited resources & priorities...

If only I could code...

tatus

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TS recordings are ok, as long as I have a way to transcode them to MPEG. Currently I am struggling hard with transcoding via ProjectX and other tools, but currently I am not able to manage the import into Tmpgenc V3. This was working with the Mediaportal generated MPEG files however. So currently I am collecting TV recordings but am not able to burn them on a DVD :-/

The internal transcoder "compress TV recordings" also does not work currently, as it simply does not show any of the recordings :-/ Maybe it does not know the new database and the subfolder structure?

Regards
    Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom