Emulator configurations (1 Viewer)

Lucifer

Portal Member
February 10, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Amiga setup

Anyone have winuae running with this?
I have the launcher.bat script which runs in myprograms but it would be cool if i could make it work from within emulators.

Would it be possible to have the search pattern for the roms database to include a regular expression and not only based on extension filter? Reason is that amiga games usually come on multiple disks. Using the launcher.bat file you need to name your adf files "game name 'disk 1 of 3).adf" for example. if you include the *.adf filter in myemulator it will take all 3 files into account. with a regular expression you could define that i only needs to look for the first file of a set.

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Wouldn't it be easier to merge the parts into one file?

I don't use Amiga emulators (yet). I'm relying on other people to get it working and post the correct settings here...

Lucifer

Portal Member
February 10, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Amiga Emulator working !!

I've got it working!

I had to modify the launch.sh script from the winuae launcher (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tips-tricks-52/winuae-launcher-you-4688/) so if would accept either shortcut files (*.lnk) or configurations (*.uae). I also had to include a cd command to the launcher path in the launch.bat file to make the commands work in the launch.bat. The batch file could probably be more configurable, but this is how I got it working for me.
The modified winuae launcher is attached.

[edit] If your winuae is not located in c:\program files\winuae you need to change the paths in launch.sh
There was still a bug in the script when using game specific uae files, this is fixed in v0.2

MyEmulator configuration:

Path to emulator: winuea_install_dir\launcher\launcher.bat
Path to directory with ROMs: insert_path
name shown in Media Portal: Amiga
Filter for showing files: *.lnk;*.uae

Advanced
Use quotes in paths: yes
Execute without arguments: No

additional requirements:

Restrictions on filenames in your "Roms" directory:
- no space between game name and (Disk 1 of X) for multidisk games
- if using a lnk file to a adf file, the adf file must be in your "Roms" folder
- if using a lnk file to a configuration, the configuration must be in your winuae config folder
- make sure the *.lnk file does not containt the adf extension as well
if you make a shortcut in windows of a file say game.adf
it will create the file: Shortcut to game.adf.lnk
make sure to rename it to: game.lnk
Note: depending on your settings the .lnk part may not be visible in explorer!
- the launch.sh will first look for a uae file, if not found it will create a configuration based on your mediaportal.uae configuration and look for multidisks. if multidisks are found they are added to the base configuration

Files allowed in your "roms" directory:

Game A.lnk
Game A.adf

Game B.lnk
Game B(Disk 1 of 2).adf
Game B(Disk 2 of 2).adf

Game C.lnk

Game D.uae

Winuae configurations directory:
Mediaportal.uae
Game C.uae

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
is there need of changing something in scripts?
1 i have a winuae in "C:\Program Files\WinUAE"
2 all files from your archive i was put to "C:\Program Files\WinUAE\launcher"
3 a mediaportal.uae file i have twice (in "C:\Program Files\WinUAE\launcher" and "C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Configurations"
4 i just put one game (C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Games\gianasisters.adf) and i was create a uae file with nogui (when im running from doubleclick in windows a game works perfectly) i know it's a one disk game, but if tis game does not working for me a multidisk games probably doesnt run too.
5 settings for myEmulators:

Path to emulator: C:\Program Files\WinUAE\launcher\launch.bat
Path to roms: C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Configurations
Name Shows in MP: Amiga
Filter: *.lnk;*.uae
Use quotes in path: Yes
Execute w/o arguments: No

when im launching anything from myemulators\amiga i have a cmd screen
cmd.jpg

and then a winuae is running, but normally with gui and no configuration loaded.

Where i make a mistake?

Lucifer

Portal Member
February 10, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
sorry my mistake,

line 143 of launch.sh

$LAUNCH_CONFIG = $DISK

should be:

LAUNCH_CONFIG=$DISK

without the $ and the spaces between the =

I updated the rar file with this fix.

I'm not the bash scripting expert (this was my first try at bash scripting :) , it can probably be writting much easier, but it works for now. For example, I don't know why it always puts that first line out. It supposed to be a comment, but it processes it apparently... it doesn't seem to harm though.

Note: The mediaportal.uae file in launcher directory is from the original launcher package, you can use it to create a base configuration and use "save as..." to store it in your configurations folder.
The script uses the one in the configurations folder.

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweet!

I updated the startpost to include this solution. I've also attached your modified launcher script to the startpost. :)

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
Now single disk games working perfectly. Thank You

what i must to do for changing disk in multiple disk games?

i.e in my "C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Games\BlackCrypt(Disk 1 of 4).adf" "BlackCrypt(Disk 2 of 4).adf" etc. etc.
uae config is for a500 with one drive with BlackCrypt(Disk 1 of 4).adf inserted.
myemulators starting winuae and running with first disk but i dont know how to change disk with remote (afaik it should works on 1,2,3,4..0) but when game ask me for next disk im poressing a number exactly to number of needed disk and nothing appens. (ofcourse f12 and selecting another disk is not remote friendly solution) :)

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
According to Lucifer there should be no spaces in the ROM names. Try renaming "Disc 1 of 4" to "Disc1of4", or "Disc_1_of_4".

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
Files allowed in your "roms" directory:

Game A.lnk
Game A.adf

Game B.lnk
Game B(Disk 1 of 2).adf
Game B(Disk 2 of 2).adf

Game C.lnk

Game D.uae

Winuae configurations directory:
Mediaportal.uae
Game C.uae

so i just named my files just as he said (or as i understand) ;) no spaces beetwen game name and sequence with disk numbers).

ofcourse when i was change names to "BlackCrypt_1.adf" ... "BlackCrypt_4.adf" it doesnt work too

is for multipledisk games needed something other than singledisk...

Lucifer

Portal Member
February 10, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
rkooten: I think you misundestood me. I meant no space between the game name and the ( .
So "Game A (Disk 1 of 4).adf" won't work, it should be "Game A(Disk 1 of 4).adf" .
The multidisk patterns must be (Disk x of y) with spaces.

Clair: switching between disk using a remote was something Gazoot (the original creator of Launcher) also wasn't able to do... (see his thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tips-tricks-52/winuae-launcher-you-4688/)

You can check if the launch.sh included your multi disk correctly by opening the configuration. if the disks are in the disk swapper, your game should start correctly. Disk swapping is something I'm also trying to figure out, though this is outside the scope of the myemulators fix :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom