Emulator configurations (1 Viewer)

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
I just solved MY problem with software from my remote :) Maxter, Pilot do komputerów Media Center - Pobierz pliki in bottom of table on this site (POBIERZ) - means download ;)

I dont know is this soft (in english too) will be works with other remotes, but for me it's best solution
i just set up another remote blank profile for winuae, and im changing disks putted in DF0: "disk swapper" winuae (disks are changed after END+slotnumber key)
so when i set in slot 1 "BlackCrypt(Disk 1 of 4).adf" slot 2 "BlackCrypt(Disk 2 of 4).adf" etc etc. when game wants to disk 4 i just pressed END+4 on keyboard or binded combo for blue button for my remote. it's working with every game (is not depend by gamename or disk lebelling) and usualy amiga games doesnt have more than 8 disks so buttons: red green yellow blue are binded for keystrokes "END+1" "END+2" etc etc) and with SHIFT on remote i just bind next 4 buttons "END+5" "END+6" etc. etc. so imo it's enough for me.

Kryspy

Portal Member
November 3, 2005
Wellad, ON
Home Country
Canada Canada
Mame32

Hi,

Having nothing but sound stutter problems with the newer MAME builds I decided to go back to a older build. If using the older Mame32 builds ( before renamed to mameui32) you will not require a .bat file. Mame loads and when you exit it re-established Mediaportal from the taskbar. All other settings are the same.

Kryspy

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys, I have been using MP MyEmulators for awhile now, but have just now stumbled across your thread. I have some additions to add to it if that is alright, but I also have some questions.

For Sega Saturn emulator then I used SSF and wrote a batch for MP to launch SSF. you also have to use DAEMON tools to mount the image, but the batch I wrote automatically mounts it for you.

Path to emulator: E:\Arcade\SegaSaturn\Sega Saturn.bat %ROM%
Path to roms: E:\Arcade\SegaSaturn\Games
Name: Sega Saturn
Filter for showing files: *.iso;*.img;*.bin
Use quotes: yes
Execute without arguments: no

I will try to attach the batch files for all the emulators but if I can't do it (I am relatively new to this thread, or any for that matter) than I will just paste them as txt files and you all can save them as batch files.

So I come to my first problem. Using the batch file with SSF I can launch the emulator through MP, but when I close the emulator I get the error message, "Switching to the reference raterizer..." I came across this error in other threads but it was when people were trying to have MP launch on start-up. So I never found an answer, if you guys have on that would be great.

Next I used FreeDO for 3DO and wrote a batch file for it. You need to use DAEMON tools to mount the image again, but the batch automatically mounts it.

Path to emulator: E:\Arcade\3DO\3DO.bat %ROM%
Path to roms: E:\Arcade\3DO\games
name: 3DO
filter for showing files: *.iso;*.img;*.bin
use quotes: yes
Arguments: no

I also have a problem with this one as well. 3DO will open but with the emulator gui you have to go to CPU and then Start to make the "CD" run. as far as I know FreeDO does not use command line so I am stuck on how to make it launch automatically.

Next I used nullDC for Sega DreamCast. You have to do quite a bit for nullDC to launch from MP. first you must go into your nullDC folder where you installed it, and find the config file. it is labeled nullDC.cfg open it in notepad and make sure that

LoadDefaultImage=1
Emulator.AutoStart=1

with these set to one (like I have posted) than you need to config myemulators

Path to emulator: E:\Arcade\DreamCast\DreamCast.bat -config ImageReader:DefaultImage=%ROM%
Path to roms: E:\Arcade\DreamCast\DreamCast Iso
Name: Sega DreamCast
filter for files: *.iso;
use qutoes: yes
no arguments: no

This should make it work, and I have no problems with this one.

So I hope this helps anyone out there that is trying to get these emulators working with MP. I would appreciate any help with my problems. I also am trying to get PCSX2 to run, but no matter what I do I cant seem to get PCSX2 to recognize that it is already configured when I try to launch it in MP. Thanks again if anyone can help.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
No problem. I have some updates from looking at my post just now. For the dreamcast I had posted the path to emu going to a .bat file when it should be going to nullDC.exe. The reason for this is I wrote a batch file for every emulator so I could turn on/off xpadder for emu's without gamepad support. The other thing I noticed is that instead of a : D it put a :D so I am going to re type this and try to be very clear that there are to be NO spaces in this code, but I have to put them there because of the smiley face thing.

the code is
ImageReader: DefaultImage=%ROM%

once again no space between the : and the D for this but I had to put it down because of the smiley. Just thought I would clarify in case some people were getting confused. other than that this should be solid. I would love any help with the problems I am getting with SSF closing in MP and then MP saying the "Rasterizer" thing.

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
April 17, 2007
Home Country
No problem. I have some updates from looking at my post just now. For the dreamcast I had posted the path to emu going to a .bat file when it should be going to nullDC.exe. The reason for this is I wrote a batch file for every emulator so I could turn on/off xpadder for emu's without gamepad support. The other thing I noticed is that instead of a : D it put a :D so I am going to re type this and try to be very clear that there are to be NO spaces in this code, but I have to put them there because of the smiley face thing.

the code is
ImageReader: DefaultImage=%ROM%

once again no space between the : and the D for this but I had to put it down because of the smiley. Just thought I would clarify in case some people were getting confused. other than that this should be solid. I would love any help with the problems I am getting with SSF closing in MP and then MP saying the "Rasterizer" thing.

if you use the CODE tags when posting your code it should be ok
eg:
Code:
The other thing I noticed is that instead of a : D it put a :D  so 
I am going to re type this and try to be very clear that there are 
to be NO spaces in this code

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
I just wrote bath file who dont need external programs for running amiga configurations like SH or others. Just create a bath file "runme.bat" with content:

Code:
@echo off
c:
cd /
cd C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Configurations\
%1
exit

Put this file in your WinUAE folder... Simply and working.

Code:
Path to emulator:                   C:\Program Files\WinUAE\runme.bat 
Path to roms      :                   C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Configurations
Name shown in Media Portal: Amiga
Filter for showing files:           *.uae
Use quotes in path:                Yes
Execute without arguments    No

few words explaintation:
- Every config created in WinUAE and saved in specified "Configurations" directory will be visible in My Emulators.
- a clue is a asocciation *.uae filetype to run WinUAE.
- For immediatelly running a game who is set in config there should be in WinUAE unchecked in MISC options position "Show GUI on startup".
- If you using multidisk games just use DISK SWAPPER option in WinUAE and with one DF0: drive put there all disks from game. Disks are changed by END+1 (to 0) and with shift so there could be a game on 20 Disks :) For me a 10 disks is enough
- If you dont want to use keyboard for changing disks you can remap a Joy buttons (Amiga has 2 buttons joy max and im using PS2 Joypad so i have many buttons left) Choose INPUT in WinUAE, select proper controller, change from compatibility mode to something else i.e. configuration #1
choose 3 prefered buttons buttons to: 1 Next slot in disk swapper, 2 Previous slot in disk swapper, 3 Insert disk in current disk swapper port in DF0:

So there is no need to run SH, Hotkey mess soft and other strange stuff for play amiga games

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Alright, thanks for letting me know about the code tags, I will try to use them, but please be patient if it doesnt pan out for me the first time.

So for nullDC to work in MediaPortal you have to use the following code.

Path to Emulator:
Code:
C:\Arcade\DreamCast\nullDC.exe -config ImageReader:DefaultImage=%ROM%
Path to roms C:\Arcade\DramCast\Isos
Name: Sega DreamCast
File Filer *.cdi
use quotes: yes
no arguments: no

That should be the correct code with no smiley face interference. Also dont forget you have to change the config of nullDC with

LoadDefaultImage=1
Emulator.AutoStart=1

Sorry for all the post to get this right, but this should help anyone who was having problems. I was wondering if anyone knew a thread on MP forums that I could post my "Rasterizer" problem I get when closing SSF in MP.

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
This is wonderful people! I just returned from my holiday and will add the configurations this weekend.

Thanks to all involved! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom