Emulators 2 - BETA - 19/08/12 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudopinion

August 20, 2012
Seattle, wa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Where is mediaportal storing game information, paramaters correlating emulators etc? Having a difficult time figuring out what images correspond to which games. I would like to scrape to the rom directories themselves. Is this possible?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All info is stored in the database [ProgramData]\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\Emulators2_v1.db3.

It's not possible (without major changes) to scrape the thumbs to the rom directory.

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the new version.

I have gotten Multidisc support and groups working, but I can't seem to find the setting how to import a specific platform.
    When I'm importing the MegaDrive collection I still got results from may different platforms and only about 10% approved.

Where do I find the setting?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    The platform is selected under the emulator config from the platform dropdown box, the MegaDrive is a special case as it was released under 2 different names, you might have better luck if you select "Genesis" as the platform.

jkuch77

Portal Member
    November 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi again, and thank you for the work around for the details displaying. I'm having another issue that you might or might not be able to help with. I have a mapped key to stop emulation and it works for all my emulators except for zsnes. That emulator will not close unless I press Alt-F4. Is there any way to make it close with the mapped key?

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey Brownard great work your doing and a very nice new release, thanks!

Would it be possible to send/simulate key presses based on input from the remote? ie pressing buttons like pause would send key P, RC directions would send keyboard directions etc.

The idea here is to use a loader not only to launch a game but also provide a control layer for pausing, save/load slots etc. I am using AutoIt to write loaders for various emulators and provide a common interface to each emulator. Currently I've just made one for the Wii (check screen shot) and this works quite well and controlled from my RC.

I use IRServer for the RC so I can route the buttons as I want but this is awkward. To have loaders usable for all users getting MyEmu sending RC keys as keyboard keys would be a lot easier. Me and others could provide loaders for the various emulators as needed.

The screen shot included shows a menu that appears when I press Select on my remote. Then I can navigate this menu with the remote direction keys.

Attachments

• WiiLoaderMenu.JPG
      WiiLoaderMenu.JPG
      154.5 KB
    Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    jkuch77 - hmm zsnes seems to ignore anything but actual keyboard presses, I'll have to take a closer look. You can set a key to close it from within zsnes itself but the trouble is you'd have to set it to a different key to the one you've set from within the plugin otherwise it will be intercepted. I'll add an option to turn this off for an individual emulator.

Pog - I like the idea and have been thinking of a way of implementing save states. Can you explain more clearly how it works? Is the loader a seperate exe? Where do you need the keys sent to, the loader or the emulator?
    It's technically possible with a few limitations, I believe you can only listen for standard keyboard keys - including the media keys play. pause etc - and mouse events destined for another process - you cannot listen for special remote/control pad buttons etc, so you wouldn't be able to map these.

ukscarface

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008
    Hi, I'm having an issue that the "Show details view when game selected" will not stay unticked on the options --> general tab. I'm using medialportal 1.3 alpha. Any suggestions?
    That's a bug, well spotted - you can manually change the option by editing Emulators2.xml (in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal by default) and changing the option "clicktodetails" to False.

how can i close the eumlator via the remote???
    Under options, enable "Stop emulation with mapped button" and map the key you want to use by pressing the Map button then the desired key.
    LEGEND!!!! Thankyou

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    The loader is a seperate exe, actually a compiled script using the very useful AutoIT: http://www.autoitscript.com/site/ This scripting allows for easy control of the launched emulator via sending keys or controlling the mouse or activating menus etc. Some emulators use hotkeys others need mouse/menu navigation, all this will be hidden and a common menu used.

My Wii loader for eg takes a standard arg like "WiiLoader.exe .\games\mariocart.iso" and then does the following...

Sets my refresh rate to 60hz
    Sets hotkeys for 'ESC' 'ENTER'
    Launch emulator with rom specified
    If 'ESC' terminate emulator, restore refresh rate, remove hotkeys, exit to MP
    If 'ENTER' set hokkeys for 'UP' 'DOWN' 'LEFT' 'RIGHT' and show menu
    If Save State selected send key/mouse/menu sequence to emulator
    ... and so on

What I want is access from the remote control and MP is in charge of that.

Your saying you can't get RC pad events in MP, ah damn it. My goal is to not need a keyboard just a standard RC and whatever game controller. I was hoping that MP would allow a plugin to react to gereralised events like left,right,select etc and not where they came from thus allowing you to pass them on via keys or windows messages.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    The trouble is MP is only in charge of the remote whilst it has focus, and it doesn't whilst the emulator (or your launcher) does. Ordinarily you do have access to all those events if MP has focus.

Are you sure your remote doesn't just send the standard keyboard keys, that's all my MCE remote does for the most part?

I could probably implement most of what you want directly in the plugin. I could fairly easily add options to map certain hotkeys to an emulator, i.e you would just map the required key to be sent on pause etc (provided your remote uses the standard keys and the option is available as a keyboard shortcut in the emulator), you can also set your refresh rate, etc using the new pre/post launch command option. I would have to have a think about how to implement a common interface for loading certain save states etc and complex mouse movements would be very difficult.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom