Emulators 2 - BETA - 19/08/12 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm not having any problem myself with using my remote and mapping buttons as I use IRServer, I'm just looking for an easy way for potential users to have something plug and play that works with MP's standard remote setup. I was thinking that MP took over complete control of any remote and that is that, are you saying that if MP does not have focus then whatever is in focus will get the RC key presses? Sure I'll have a play with a standard MP setup without IRServer and see what gives.

> I could probably implement most of what you want directly in the plugin. I could fairly easily add options to map certain hotkeys to an
    > emulator, i.e you would just map the required key to be sent on pause etc (provided your remote uses the standard keys and the option is
    > available as a keyboard shortcut in the emulator), you can also set your refresh rate, etc using the new pre/post launch command option.

Yes I noticed you had added pre/post stuff and that will handle calling refresh changers etc. I wonder if you could make use of MP's refresh rate changer for this? So that user has an option to set a refresh for an emulator/game. Adding some more options for keys sent would be good.

> I would have to have a think about how to implement a common interface for loading certain save states etc and complex mouse movements
    > would be very difficult.

This would be awkward but AutoIT is designed for this sort of stuff and is lightweight and free.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    are you saying that if MP does not have focus then whatever is in focus will get the RC key presses?
    Exactly, that is handled by Windows at the OS level - except it is possible to set up a "keyboard hook" with the limitation of only intercepting standard keys, that's how I implement the close emulator option in the plugin and how I would implement pause, etc.

jkuch77

Portal Member
    November 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So i found some time to test the new emulator plugin and it works great so far!
    I like the new importer and the configuration. at the moment i only got one issue....the emulators (dolphin and project 64) doesn't close when i hit the mapped key

if i hit the mapped button (ESC) the game goes to window mode or stop the emulation but dont close the emulator itself.
    When i close the emulators with the mouse mediaportal shows up and everything is fine.

EDIT: found the correct setting for closing the emulator... :)

Can you share how you did this? I can't get dolphin to close using the mapped key.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    jkuch77 try using launch arguments /b /e for Dolphin, this should close the emulator.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh f... sorry...i totally forgot it :)...will try to upload the screenshots this evening

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx Pog....@Jkuch its working like Pog said...just enter these parameters inside the emulators config.

Attachments

• wii_emulatorsettings.png
      wii_emulatorsettings.png
      125.4 KB

HappyGamer

September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Really silly question but I'm trying to get the retrocpu scraper to return results for my romsets. No luck so far, the other scrapers (except maws) work just fine.

Any tips or an example (I can create a dummy zip file just to test it out) where that scraper will return a result would be most appreciated. Love the plugin, got mamep configured and would like to avoid having to manually add a ton of files if possible.

If not it will force me to prioritize what's really important :-P

Thanks!

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I found arcade mame roms a bit difficult as a rom zip can hold different versions of a game, also the zips do not have scrapper friendly names.

What I'm in the progress of doing is creating a folder of txt files, ie. for "Bionic Commando" mame rom I have "Bionic Commando.txt" and this contains "bionicc2" which is the version I want to launch mame with. I need to make a small launcher that will read the txt file and run mame.

I've found that scraping works better with this setup but is limited on boxart/screens. This would be a nice site for scraping arcade info: http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=home

edit: instead of a launcher just make those .txt files .bat batches and directly launch mame with the file you want.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom