"Enter" no longer reliably adds a recording from TV Guide (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Since upgrading to v1.27, I find that pressing "Enter" when I have selected a program in the TV Guide often does nothing. Unfortunately, this is not always the the case. In the past, pressing "Enter" always added a recording; now I often have to resort to using "Advanced record - record once" as a workaround. Now it works sometimes, but not always. The typical error appears to be:
    Code:
    [2021-03-12 17:31:30,612] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo.OnRecordProgram(Program program)
       at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    Logs are attached.
    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do in the way of troubleshooting.

Attachments

• TVlogs.zip
      3.6 MB
    • MPlogs.zip
      499.3 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    did you put your system in sleep/hibernation?
    I see some messages I don't really understand:
    Code:
    [2021-03-12 05:57:01,934] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Disconnected 
    [2021-03-12 05:57:56,024] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected
    [2021-03-12 05:57:56,024] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - TVHome: OnRemotingConnected, recovered from a disconnection
    [2021-03-12 05:57:56,024] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - TVHome:OnLoaded
    [2021-03-12 05:57:56,024] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected
    [2021-03-12 05:57:57,071] [Error  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error occured in on loading : Requested Service not found, st    at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at TvPlugin.TVHome.OnLoaded()
       at TvPlugin.TVHome.RemoteControl_OnRemotingConnected()
       at TvControl.RemoteControl.InvokeEvents()
       at TvControl.RemoteControl.RefreshRemotingConnectionStatus()
       at TvControl.RemoteControl.get_Instance()
       at TvPlugin.TVHome.HeartBeatTransmitter()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

And when testing, can you set your loglevel to debug? That'll give just a bit more insight on what's going on

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks for your quick response, and sorry for the delay in mine ;-)
    I can't provide the detailed log you request just now because my system is currently behaving as it should. :)
    The error message you mentioned above may be due to a problem in the startup sequence of SQL Server express, TV Server and the MP client, which I have attempted to document here, here and here. I have Power Scheduler set to reboot my HTPC every morning at 5 AM.
    OTOH, it might reflect the remote control problem I'm struggling with.
    However, I might have just been experimenting or doing maintenance work that led to that error. ;-)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The problem recurred again today, but when I tried to capture a debug log using MP Watchdog, MP behaved as it should.
    The MP restart apparently cured the problem (at least temporarily) ;-)
    I'l try keeping "debug" on all the time for a while.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    can this misbehavior be related to tvservice having issues with the sqlserver startup?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    That was one of my first suspicions, but I have found a workaround for the SQL startup issue (see the links in my previous post), and today's recurrence of the "Enter" problem happened after I implemented the workaround.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'l try keeping "debug" on all the time for a while.
    It might be useful if you also enable HID logging on the "HID" tab in the "Remotes and Input Devices" section of "MP Config". This should show what button codes or key codes are being received by MP.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Here are debug-level logs from a recent occurrence. I'm afraid you'll have a lot to wade through, since the logs were captured during regular operation. However, it should be close to the end.

Attachments

• TVlogs.zip
      4.1 MB
    • MPlogs.zip
      68.9 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just took a quick glance and this
    Code:
    [2021-03-17 16:30:56,299] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo.OnRecordProgram(Program program)
       at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    seems like the cause.
    Nothing in the tvservice.log around that time so now to dig into mediaportalcode to see what's wrong.

btw, I do notice quite some errors in the tvservice.log, and a strange one in mediaportal.log about the gentle.config...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom