Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (5 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It mirrors the same info from the MP2 DB.
    Exactly as planed. From this list you can select the name a channel should have in the resulting guide.xml. If the name in the guide.xml matches the name in the TV database the mapping inside the xmltv plugin is done automatically. If the name did not match you later need to map the channels by hand in the xmltv plugin.

I just discovered the pull down does not show when you choose Manual for Channel Names Select
    This also is as planed. Manual mode is intended for usage with not supported TV databases. You can edit the name in this input field so you later did not need to map channels in xmltv plugin. But you also can leave the name as it is and do the mapping manually in xmltv plugin. It's up to you which way you want to go.

Step 1
    You select a channel in the middle list you want to have EPG data for.

Step 2 In Database Mode:
    You select a Channel in Pull Down menu where you want to have this EPG data for.

Step 2 in Manual mode:
    You edit the name in the input field to match the name to your TV database where you want to have this EPG data for.

Step 3:
    You select if the data for this channel should be compared against TVDB or not.

Step 4
    You select the next channel in the middle list

Now repeat steps 1 to 4 until you're done.

When you're done you click on the button "Start" below "Generate WebGrab config now?" and a new WebGrab config file will be created that includes all the changes you've done. Now you can grab your EPG with matching parameters.

The system needs the ability to run WebGrab+Plus to locate channels by zip code if the user is on ATSC.
    I have included copies of the Cable channels and the atsc channels
    I will have a look, but due to different behavior of TVguide.com I'm not sure I'll be able to automate this at all. Probably in this case the user needs to modify the channels.xml by hand as you did. Similar will be valid for a few other websites usable in WebGrab, like SchedulesDirect, where a user also need to manually edit the channels.xml...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.2.0.8 in first post.
    I have added the channel lists @breese has posted here, hope this helps. And I was able to add support for MySQL TV databases from MediaPortal 1 and 2 so MP1 user also can use the "database mode"
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

You need to enter your MySQL server credentials on first page. You don't need to change anything here, if you have a "default" MP1 installation. Don't forget to tick the matching radio button and, after you've entered your credentials, click on "Save" Now you can select channel names from a PullDown menu like it was possible for MP2 from the beginning.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.3.1.7 in first post.
    Thanks to @Toddi there now also is support for MSSQL (and SQL-Express) as TV database.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Functionality is the same as with MySQL.

Aside this there is support for TV Movie Clickfinder as data source. To use this you need a working installation of "TV Movie Clickfinder". In EPG-Buddy you only need to enter the path to the clickfinder database (normally a hidden folder, so be sure you can see them in explorer, if you want to use the file requester)
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

The usage of this source is like all other sources.
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

A new option to disable TVDB data download on a per data source base is available too. If you want season and episodes number you should leave this unticked.

If you want to use Clickfinder it can be possible that you need to restart EPG-Buddy once after you have enabled clickfinder. Before a restart it is possible that the channel list stays empty.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Marry Christmas to all of you.
    As a little gift there is a new version 0.3.1.8 of EPG-Buddy in first post. It is a bugfix- only release but it is worth the upgrade...

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden

nice Project and had an offtopic question
    had you found an good solution to split epgdata.com actors ?
    string.Split('-') is for that not usefull the character - can be inside the Role too

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version is attached. It contains only fixes for MP1 database handling. Now the dropdown list should be filled under all circumstances. New features and data sources are to follow later.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I installed the new version.
    2 questions...
    When I click the Generate the web grab config, where is it??

Also, when I match a channel in the box on the right, then move to the next one, if I return to the first one, should it show me the selection I already told it to do? It does not seem to do it
    upload_2017-1-18_15-40-7.png

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I located the config file....
    One issue, as you choose the channels to match and click the Start Button, the channel selection PRIOR that you did is written to the config Not the one you Just Matched and clicked Set...
    Tried it 3 times... always did the match of the Prior not the one just done..

Last one I set was WJYS Prism2
    Nothing in the logs or config.

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
      4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    When I click the Generate the web grab config, where is it??
    It is inside the WebGrab folder in the EPG-Buddy installation folder together with all the other WebGrab related files...
    One issue, as you choose the channels to match and click the Start Button, the channel selection PRIOR that you did is written to the config Not the one you Just Matched and clicked Set...
    This is expected and told already. The modifications are saved as soon as you click on the next channel.
    should it show me the selection I already told it to do?
    It did show it, but in the line above the dropdown list. If "-----" is in the list, the channel name in the config stays untouched...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I discovered the ATSC.tvguide.com configuration.
    After setting it up, the time in TVGuide is wrong.
    Is there a way I can add the proper timezone into the configuration?
    TV Guide 01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom