Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (2 Viewers)

ArloG

Portal Member
March 20, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank you.
Yes, In either group All Channels or Zito the same channels are populated in the column Tuning Channels.
Guide Channels
all have worked correct for mapping.

I only have 3 with no match. One is a scrolling channel guide from the provider, another is a leased channel.
WKBW HDTV does not show at all. It is the only one from the list I do have (with exception of the above mentioned ones).

Every channel I get on the tuner started out as ex: Unknown 12-230.
Where I wrote down the correct station ID and Network and edited the scanned names to ex: WPSU PBS 32-25, then mapped it to the correct Guide channel......
Everything has worked 100% perfect.

I was in the process of mapping channels when I upgraded yesterday to the latest MP version.
Do I have a corrupt database or perhaps a glitch in it?
What would be an issue where I can get an entire channel ID list in Buddy, but not in the MP Server application?

As you know, it took me a long time just getting the channel scan renamed during a recent reinstall of MP1. That component would not import (but exported to a text file)
MP changelog mentions different database versions being used, but also says an upgrade is trouble free.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What would be an issue where I can get an entire channel ID list in Buddy, but not in the MP Server application?
    No issue regarding EPG-Buddy at all. The only possible issue is, you may not have a guide for this specific channel.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do I have a corrupt database or perhaps a glitch in it?
    Can't tell you as I'm using MP2 where a different database engine (SQLite instead of MySQL) is used. Here I can copy the whole database file from and old to a new version and vice versa without any issues. I even don't need to do a channel scan or an export/import process at all when changing the MP2 version (what happens very often as I'm a tester).

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    No issue regarding EPG-Buddy at all. The only possible issue is, you may not have a guide for this specific channel.
    If this is so, what files would I compare? Or would logs be a better place to start? Would the channel and related guide reference be included in same or different logs?
    On TV Guide website I see a schedule for that channel. And because I had difficulties using the provider listed for my cable company I chose a satellite provider that did have the local channels in it.
    I certainly could install MP2 on my laptop to test. Of course it would take a bit of time to configure. I just want to use a Kodi plugin to watch channels with names on my tvs.
    Going straight from the HDHR Extend over Ethernet shows unlabeled channels.
    Thanks for all the advice!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I certainly could install MP2 on my laptop to test. Of course it would take a bit of time to configure. I just want to use a Kodi plugin to watch channels with names on my tvs.
    If you want to use Kodi together with MP2, you need to install an older version of MP2. The needed TVServerKodi plugin is not jet updated to work with the most recent version of MP2 (2.1.3)... You need to ask in the Kodi forum for an updated version of this plugin...
    But it's more easy to re- install MP1 (or probably only remove the corresponding tables from the MySQL database or install only MySQL again) if the issues are caused by a corrupt database.

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi.

If you want to use Kodi together with MP2, you need to install an older version of MP2. The needed TVServerKodi plugin is not jet updated to work with the most recent version of MP2 (2.1.3)... You need to ask in the Kodi forum for an updated version of this plugin...
    But it's more easy to re- install MP1 (or probably only remove the corresponding tables from the MySQL database or install only MySQL again) if the issues are caused by a corrupt database.

Back to square1
    I've performed a reset to my pc. Uninstalling MP1 and EPG-Buddy, Mysql left too many remnants and registry entries.
    Fresh install of MP2 and EPG-Buddy using TV Guide and 3 accounts is giving the same results.
    The same channel in my posts will not populate in MP2 Severs setup.
    It shows in Buddy.
    If it is a database issue, strange it would occur again.
    I can see it and all related (SD, HD, Antenna) channels in Buddy in the TV Guide list.
    When opened in MP2 server setup, in the mapping section of XmlTV under the Guide channel column........
    WKBW (any form) simply does not show.
    EPG-Grabber.EPG>TVGuide.TVGUIDE_1>WKBW HDTV-14026.xml.....It's there!
    What related files to look for? How could I "force" it to work?
    I'm quite stumped.
    If I submitted logs to help us out, which ones?

Attachments

• WKBW HDTV-14026.xml
      278.5 KB
    • WKBW-279.xml
      277 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Now with a fresh install you'll have to see those channels in XMLTV plugin. If not, it seems to be a bug in the XMLTV plugin. At least the EPG-Buddy part is doing as expected so the issue lays on the TV server side.

For this you are asking on the wrong place... I have no way to "fix" anything on the TV server and/or the xmltv plugin. So you better ask/report this in the related forum.

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi again! Its me.
    I finally found out the trick to keep Windows 10 Pro from updating to ver1709.
    I had the latest MP1 version working 100%....then MS snuck in the update. My PC kept getting the BSOD. 2018 speaking, that's the Blue Smiley (frown) Of Death.
    I did have all of my channel icons showing on Kodi MP PVR.
    Could someone verify the correct location for my icon files (path)?
    I have searched the forum and Internet and see the path should be in C:\Program Data\Team Media Portal\....TV Server.....etc.
    Just need a verification. The icon names match my mapped channel names for the HDHR Extend. They don't show in Kodi.
    Help?

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Oh never mind. My path was correct but mapped network drive changed.
    FYI, the icon path is selected in Kodi>System>PVR & Live TV Settings>Menu/OSD>Folder with channel icons.

amilewski

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2007
    Jelenia Góra
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi, I'm new to EPG-Buddy, have installed and configured it few days ago. It is working well though I can see an issue in my environment.
    I use WebGrab+Plus, whatever website I choose, for channel POLSAT selected on offered channel from EPG data, wrong xmltv channel name (CI POLSAT) is assigned automatically and there is no way to change it (both modes tested manual and database), what ever I do it is ignored. I can not even toggle the checkbox to grab the data for this channel (for other channels no such an issue exists).
    Any clue how to get rid of this, please?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom