Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

fritzelly

Portal Member
January 17, 2011
Thanks, I got it working. Was just the xmltv plug in that was taking a while to import the programs even tho it said zero imported
All good now. Used tvguide.co.uk if anyone else is doing the same as all other sites didn't seem to have any data

MadibaJ

Portal Member
January 22, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi there, I already run Webgrab+ and already have a config file set up using yourTV.com.au. it one of the sites that needs a cookie. I'm struggling to get EPG buddy to work using the steps in the instructions. Is it because the site needs a cookie to set up? I already have webgrab+ installed in another location? Do you think I would be able to copy my webgrab+ config file over to the EPG buddy location for it?

Also as I've been experimenting is there a way to delete channels I've added ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Do you think I would be able to copy my webgrab+ config file over to the EPG buddy location for it?
    The webgrab files (incl. the config) used by EPG-Buddy are in "c:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\WebGrab\". Copy the config over only is half the job. At least if you want to use the compare with TVDB to get season and episodes numbers of the tv shows. Better do the configuration from inside EPG-Buddy again as then all EPG-Buddy own settings are also done.

In general if you struggle with the WebGrab settings inside EPG-Buddy you always can run WebGrab from outside EPG-Buddy and use the resulting XML as "external XML". This way you can keep your working WebGrab installation and benefit from the extra options EPG-Buddy has at the same time...

Is it because the site needs a cookie to set up?
    Don't think so but I'm not 100% sure... I'm living on the other side of the world so I don't have any clue about Australian TV and their EPG websites...

MadibaJ

Portal Member
    January 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks. Great progamme. I'll keep playing with it and let you know. I put a lot of Aussies onto EPG collector which is a also a fantastic app but Australia stopped MHEG5 data so the next best thing is website data. Our over the air data is terrible.

Just a quick one...I'd I select a channel and the map it to a.database channel I click start and it says mission accomplished. When I click another channel and then go back to the one I previously saved it shows the -------- not the database channel. Is this normal?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this normal?
    Yes... The used name is displayed above the "---------" The dropdown is for selection only, not for display. As long as "---------" is shown nothing will be changed... So if you've set the name once, it will stay so until you select something different in the dropdown... By the way, this is explained in the manual, if I remember right (and I wrote the manual, so I'm pretty sure I do);)

Our over the air data is terrible.
    Here it is similar. The "Over Air" data is available only for a very short period (max 2 days, mostly only a few hours) and aside this you can not add season and episodes numbers to the aired EPG... For me being a "series junkie" this is essential.

bbhaag

February 8, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Seeking some assistance regarding an error I am getting when trying to manually grab EPG under the schedule tab.
    9mpmhWZ.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Never saw this before... Here it is working so I don't think it's an error of TVguide.com. Something with your system date/time seems not to be ok...

bbhaag

February 8, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi.
    Never saw this before... Here it is working so I don't think it's an error of TVguide.com. Something with your system date/time seems not to be ok...
    It appears you are correct. I restarted my computer and I was able to manually grab the EPG with no errors.

Sameritan

Portal Member
    November 29, 2017
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry guys i caant find the English version of this conversatio. My EPG BUDDY has been working fine until recently when i dropped (deleted) my TV Server and scanned new chennels. It say 300 channels imported, 0 programme. C an anyone help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom