Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (5 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Did you save the channel mapping again in xmltv plugin? If you change the channels somehow you need to do the channel mapping in xmltv plugin again. Probably you also need to re- configure EPG-Buddy to match the new channels (-names). Depends on what is changed...

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Seeking some assistance regarding an error I am getting when trying to manually grab EPG under the schedule tab.
    9mpmhWZ.png
    I had the same thing the other night. First time.
    After a few goes at it and absorbing the hint about DateTime, I changed the clock on my PC to Atlantic time from Eastern.
    It started downloading immediately. I am using TV Guide for my source and use 3 accounts. I deleted each account entry one by one before changing my PC time.
    No joy. Once it did start grabbing, I stopped the process and inserted the next TV Guide acct. one by one. All seemed good.
    The next morning I had the PC time set correct, tried a grab. And it worked just like it should.
    Could it have been that a TV Guide site schedule update was going on and is what made the grab fail?

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    I realize this has been asked. I export my channel mapping to a text file.
    But, no import is available. I'd like to know if there is an XML I could edit to make channel mapping easier upon a reinstall (ctrl-C, ctrl-V) for a restore.
    Running through a channel guide list and remapping my channels is a bit time consuming.
    This is a cool program!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    no import is available
    Didn't realize this before, but you're right. This is a bug imho. But don't expect the XMLTV plugin to be fixed soon as the whole TV server incl all plugins is in code freeze since some time...

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi.

Didn't realize this before, but you're right. This is a bug imho. But don't expect the XMLTV plugin to be fixed soon as the whole TV server incl all plugins is in code freeze since some time...
    As I understand it, the mapping is stored in the database.
    I'm no database guru and have basically no experience working with one. Although I've browsed tables and such.
    If someone could pipe in with a step-by-step it would be nice.
    I'm using an HDHomerun Extend and my cable provider doesn't mpx PSIP in the streams on clearqam 256.
    All channels come in as ex: "Unknown 12-230".
    In MP1.x I can backup and restore the renamed channels and channel numbers.
    It's when I get back to mapping the channels from E-B is where things get intensive.
    The exported text file is quite clear though.
    Thanks!

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Hoping I'm in the right section still. A bit of trouble here.
    I've just updated to the latest MP1.
    EPG_Buddy shows channels that correspond to my area in TV Guide.
    I used a Dish Network map there that included channels/guides that I get on my Extend tuner.

In MP1 I have mapped most channels OK. But the few that I cannot map to the tuner (which show in EPG Buddy) do not show in the drop down channels in MP.
    Any tips?
    If logs are needed, which ones would help me to fix it?

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    I'm having a bit of a mapping problem using TV Guide in EPG-Buddy for my source in the latest MP1 that I just upgraded to.
    In Buddy I see channels that don't show in MP1. I'm kind of stumped. Can anyone give some advice?

Attachments

• E_B_Mapping.jpg
      E_B_Mapping.jpg
      67.2 KB
    • MP1.jpg
      MP1.jpg
      90.2 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Any tips?
    Did you have set the channel groups correctly for the "missing" channels? Indeed they are not missing because they show up in EPG-Buddy and EPG-Buddy reads the channel list on every program start...

The XMLTV plugin only shows channels from the selected group...

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi.

Did you have set the channel groups correctly for the "missing" channels? Indeed they are not missing because they show up in EPG-Buddy and EPG-Buddy reads the channel list on every program start...

The XMLTV plugin only shows channels from the selected group...
    Could you clarify please? What I tried was adding a channel group (Zito) in MP. Both tuners show the same channels in All channels and in Zito.
    I also switched EPG-Buddy TV Guide section Channel names Select from database mode to manual and mapped WKBW HDTV to WKBW HDTV.

Went into the TV Server and in XmlTv> General, I did a load/refresh. It took a minute.
    Then in XmlTv>Mappings tried to find the channel. It does not show in the drop down selection. Just like in my screen shots.
    Am I missing something?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On your screenshot from XMLTV plugin it looks as if you haven't select a group for mapping.
    When I select a group it stays visible (group is named "Favoriten", German for favorites) after clicking on "Load/Refresh":
    upload_2018-3-31_20-42-33.png

and now I can see all channels belonging to the group "Favoriten" in the drop down. Any channel not belonging to the group is not shown. If you don't select a group here at all, you probably will get weird effects...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom