Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (5 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Nev version 0.4.3.5 in our repo. Link in first post.
    It's a fixed version for some TVSpielfilm issues so you better upgrade if you use TVSpielfilm.

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Quick question.
    0.4.3.4 and 0.4.3.5 have both shown up in Windows Defender as a virus.
    3.4 shows as Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock and is severe.
    3.5 shows as Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A and is severe.
    I would imagine they are false positives. What code would alert defender after 3.4 is installed and delete the .exe?
    3.5 immediately deleted on download and the installer wasn't run.
    I'll get back after I turn off defender and download and install 3.5 again.
    Thanks!

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Quick question.
    0.4.3.4 and 0.4.3.5 have both shown up in Windows Defender as a virus.
    3.4 shows as Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock and is severe.
    3.5 shows as Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A and is severe.
    I would imagine they are false positives. What code would alert defender after 3.4 is installed and delete the .exe?
    3.5 immediately deleted on download and the installer wasn't run.
    I'll get back after I turn off defender and download and install 3.5 again.
    Thanks!

Shut off real time protection. Downloaded and installed 0.4.3.5 ok. Grabbed the TVGuide schedule ok.
    Turned on real time protection and did a quick scan. It showed no threats.
    Rebooted with no issues even after a quick scan.
    Tried the same on a Win 10 laptop. At first 0.4.3.5 was deleted as the same Vigorf.A Trojan.
    Defender off it downloaded and installed. No further problems.
    So, what code may do this?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just compiled an empty AutoIt program, only containing a ";" and uploaded it to Virus Total. A ";" is the sign for a comment, a line in the code that is not executed at all.The result is horrible. Way to many AV programs are reporting false positives also there is absolutely nothing the program can do. And all AV tools reporting different "Virus". So nearly all AV tools aren't doing their jobs properly. Not that I had expected something different but now I can proof they are not working...

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Good Man! I realized there was no virus in your application. It was strange though that once downloaded Defender deleted it.
    And on you last version the .exe was deleted....immediately.
    Great job and thanks.

mikerado

Portal Member
    May 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks to all involved updating EPG Buddy to address recent changes to TVGuide.com login.

I'm a recent convert from zap2xml.exe to EPG Buddy and got things working yesterday. However, I had to add a -5 hour time compensation (USA-Chicago,Il area).

Is this expected as I thought regional info was provided inherently from the TVGuide registration (zipcode, OTA) ? Am I missing something ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is this expected
    It is not really expected, but it's not too uncommon that you need to add a time compensation. Normally the compensation should be added automatically by tvguide.com. Probably the recognition of your time zone is not properly working. If I remember right, we had someone else from Chicago area also having issues with time compensation on tvguide.com.
    In general on tvguide.com all times are given in UTC with a compensation if necessary. Last year (in autum) as I had last time tested tvguide.com I had a (correct) +1:00 compensation added to every program.
    <programme start="20171105130000 +0100" stop="20171105133000 +0100" channel="WWME">
    If the compensation in MP is working, I would not add too much energy in fixing this, if I were in your situation. It doesn't matter where the compensation is added as long as it is working.
    This is nothing related to EPG-Buddy at all. If there is an issue it is on the tvguide.com site...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Due to the constant "false positives" that in meantime even affect the whole MedaiPortal pages we have replaced the installer .exe with an encrypted .zip archive. The password for this (and all future) archive is "EPG-Buddy" without the " of course. The password is case sensitive, so best is to copy&paste it...

Sorry for this, but it is not our fault, that the (all) AV tools are not working properly.

After downloading the .zip first disable the real time scanner of your AV tool, if you use one. Then extract the .zip using the password given above. Now add an exception for the EPG-Buddy installation folder to your AV tool. Now you can enable the tool again.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Even the encrypted zip did not help. That's why we've outsourced EPG-Buddy to an sourceforge project. Link is in the repo or you can find it here:
    EPG-Buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom