EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. | Page 26

Discussion in 'Tools and other software' started by Lehmden, November 26, 2016.

1. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Test Group

Ratings:
    +3,518 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    That's it, EPG-Buddy is dead, killed by the stupid av programs...

Without the possibility to explain anything my sourceforge project and account is deleted. I wrote them an email and attached the certificate from Microsoft that EPG-Buddy is no virus. But I did not have much hope it will lead to something.
    I only can ask you to complan on every Av company about those false positives killing free software like EPG-Buddy. And maybe a letter to sourceforge also may help...
    Every one who is using EPG-Buddy still can use it, but there will be no more new versions to download until this stupid AV nonsense is over...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Good luck to all of you and all the best. See you...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Test Group

Ratings:
    +3,518 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    We managed to find a place where we could host the Installer without constantly being marked as malware... So EPG-Buddy still has a chance to survive this whole madness. From now on you can again download EPG-Buddy. The download link is to find in our repo (link in first post).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. PRW
    • Premium Supporter

PRW MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Avast! anti-virus allowed EPG Buddy to run last night without problem. It had been quarantining it.

5. HtownWMC

HtownWMC Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    I'm having trouble finding the download link. Is it the green banner button or is that an advertisement? This software is what's enabled me to continue recording my shows so please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I need the latest version to fix the TVGuide.com https issue.

Attached Files:

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      File size:
      136.8 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 15, 2018
      Views:
  6. joEhSuper
    • Premium Supporter

joEhSuper MP Donator

Ratings:
    +213 / 3
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    This is an advertisment...

7. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Test Group

Ratings:
    +3,518 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    Right now we have no "nice" download link for EPG-Buddy due to the massive "false positives" from nearly every AV program.
    We're working on a long term solution but for now there only is a download on an OneClickHoster available (as they don't care about Google rankings at all).
    The recent download link can be found in this (German) posting:
    EPG-Buddy ein neues EPG Tool
    As soon as the situation is changing to the better we will post the new link here and in the Repo...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Dwizzo

Dwizzo Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thank you for this great program! Just downloaded it from your German hoster as it was not available anywhere else. I am in the USA and using tvguide.com, I have two questions:

1) Do I need to configure Webgrab+ AND Tvguide or just TVguide in the EPGData section?
    2) In tvguide.com under EPGdata, under the dropdown for "channel name in tv database", I only have a list of about 10 channels (my old favorites from using webepg). How do I fix this? I have about 100+ channels to map but am stuck at this part. Thank you

9. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Test Group

Ratings:
    +3,518 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    At 1) You need to only configure tvguide, if you only want to use it. If all your channels are supported on TVGuide you don't need anything else...

At 2) If you have channel groups configured in your TV Engine only those channels are listed that are part of (one of) the group ( s ).

You can do 3 things now.
    A) You can remove the "old" channel group from TV configuration. Then all channels are shown because no channel groups excerpt for the automatic "All Channels" Group are configured.
    B) You can create a second channel group that is not "All Channels" containing those 100+ channels you want EPG-Buddy to grab EPG for. Then the channels from both, your old group and the new one are shown.
    C) You can configure EPG-Buddy to use the "manual" mode, then you can configure everything as you like but with a little bit more work...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!