Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

mbb
Country flag

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
thanks for your answer
I will be more than happy to test your product.

I tried your advice to use the usual way for "External XML" but it doesnt work
In the grabber log it say "file type unkwnon"

.xz type is not usual on Windows

because this compression protocol is a little bit unusual only 7zip can handle it

1584969432799.png

Adding Rytec as a full data source would be a must for many non german EPG-Buddy users since Webgrab+plus is very slow and not reliable for a lot of countries.

Attachments

Lehmden
Country flag

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I will be more than happy to test your product.
    Thanks.

but it doesnt work
    In the grabber log it say "file type unkwnon"
    Yep, expected that. But hope dies last...

We've started to talk about this internally already but my programming mate @lightshock who's writing the grabber module (I'm doing the GUI and the settings stuff) is working for a company that's develop and take care of software solutions also used in medical and rescue services... He has a lot to do those days, as you can expect.

Adding Rytec as a full data source would be a must for many non german EPG-Buddy users since Webgrab+plus is very slow and not reliable for a lot of countries.
    I'm completely with you. We are looking for a reliable and fast data source for whole Europe a long time already. Some options we have tried and discarded in meantime. Rytec was known already but as it is not very well structured (too much different files with strange names and lot's of duplicate stuff) it hadn't got high priority for testing up to now. As we are both Germans, for "us" (TVSpielfilm) and for Northern America (tvguide.com) we found reliable and fast sources right from the beginning. And the rest of the world can use WebGrab, also it's not fast and very complicated... So we had a "global" package but we always wanted to support more countries with fast data sources. This looks like a way to achieve this in not too far future.

I'm pretty sure we can support this in one or the other way but this will most likely take it's time. If you can be patient you will get what you need when time comes...

mbb
    Country flag

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    no worries
    I have already a working solution, I can wait for a better one

In the meantime, let me know if I can help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Top Bottom