Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (4 Viewers)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Now I have uninstalled WebGrab. It works with your attached file now. At the moment I have no channel configured in WebGrab. For tests I'm using only Rytec as data source.
Where can I set the grabbing days for Rytec? It doesn't appear a text field like in tvspielfilm.

Also when I start grabbing, the application is crashing with an error message (see attachement).

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    122.5 KB
  • Log.zip
    939 bytes

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Where can I set the grabbing days for Rytec?
    You can't set days or even choose which channels to download. Rytec delivers ready made xmltv files. You only can download the whole file in an archive... If you wouldn't do the comparison with TVDB Rytec will deliver a 14 days EPG within a few seconds... This was explained in the manual very clearly...

Also when I start grabbing, the application is crashing with an error message (see attachement).
    The reason is most likely that you have activated WebGrab but not a single channel configured for grabbing. So disable (untick) WebGrab in "EPG-Sources > Global" so the grabber tool didn't try to work with a not existing file...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The reason is most likely that you have activated WebGrab but not a single channel configured for grabbing. So disable (untick) WebGrab in "EPG-Sources > Global" so the grabber tool didn't try to work with a not existing file...

It is already unticked.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's definitely is a remaining from WebGrab.
    You may have a look at the "EPG-Buddy.s3db" database with e.G. SQLiteExpert Personal and look at the table "EPG_GRABBER_MULTIPLE_PROVIDER"

1593079332395.png

There seems to be a line for WebGrab still remaining. It's the one with "EPG-Grabber.URL.XML_0.xml". This entry is for Webgrab and this file is not existing if you don't have any channels configured. Normally this line is removed from DB if you untick WebGrab in the GUI but for some reasons I can't explain it still seems to be there for you... Remove this line and it should work again...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now it works with your workaround but
    I have still a problem.
    Some channels are correctly mapped in xmltv but most of them are empty, the specific channel is not available.
    In EPG-Buddy is everything correctly mapped and configured. Grabbing takes only 1 second. Is that right?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Grabbing takes only 1 second. Is that right?
    No, it isn't. If you only use Rytec and don't compare with TVDB it will take only a few seconds, but never only one second.
    Some channels are correctly mapped in xmltv but most of them are empty, the specific channel is not available.
    Best is to look at the xmltv file. If the channel has programs in the xml file then the issue is on the TV Server side. I have a fully working setup with TVSpielfilm on my productive MP2 system and a working setup with Rytec and NextPVR... Aside this, Zee One still is in the list of proper channels on TVSpielfilm and Rytec but it isn't airing any more, so the program always is empty.

For me it looks as if you have meshed up your installation that much it probably only will work again after starting from scratch... And please remember to create an exception for the EPG-Buddy folder in your AV Program. Maybe this is the reason (checking files just the time when they are needed or similar)...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's all weird. I did a complete new install. First I have configured only Rytec as my data source and started grabbing the EPG data. That worked so far. Then I set additionally tvspielfilm as data source and configured which channels I want to have grabbed. The grabbing run here also without failure.
    I had still some channels, which were only available in WebGrab. So I ticked also WebGrab as my data source, configured the channels, created the file and started grabbing. The application crashed with an error message again. So I did a try and deleted the entry in the database file again. The result was, that all the channels were gone in xmltv.
    Could it be, that this is a bug?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    During tests I had all three sources activated and it was working. But I need to have a closer look, maybe something is weird under special circumstances...

Pledget

Portal Member
    April 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi,
    Thanks for the latest 0.6.0.6 EPG-Buddy update. I just thought I'd let you know a few issues I've seen. I'm running Windows 10 64bit v2004
    1. The included WebGrab doesn't appear to work (for me at least) and it errors out. I had to install the latest WebGrab+Plus and the latest site.ini's into the EPG-Buddy directroy to get it to work
    2. The EPG-Buddy scheduler doesn't appear to create a valid task.xml so although EPG-Buddy tries to create a task in the task scheduler it bombs out without warning and doesn't actually create a scheduled task. I had to change all the "TRUE" and "FALSE" to "true" and "false" in the task.xml to get it to import into the Task Scheduler
    3. I thought the combo sorting list problem had gone away in previous releases but I too am seeing it again using sky.com
    I understand WebGrab is very slow and the WebGrab creators have now limited the number of channels you can grab without donating but I use EPG-Collector for most channels and EPG-Buddy for the few schedules that aren't available via the Sky/Freesat in the UK.

Cheers
    Pledget

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I had to change all the "TRUE" and "FALSE" to "true" and "false" in the task.xml
    Thanks for the hint. Before Win 10 2004 it didn't matter if it is "TRUE" or "true" but it looks as if now this is an issue... Easy fix indeed...

I had to install the latest WebGrab+Plus and the latest site.ini's
    I've added the latest version of program and siteini to EPG-Buddy Installer so normally this shouldn't be necessary. And WebGrab is working for me. I'm using it for one channel I got no EPG from a different source.

I thought the combo sorting list problem had gone away in previous releases but I too am seeing it again using sky.com
    Have you replaced the exe with the one from this post?

This version should work. The sorting is slower a bit now but it should no longer throw errors..

that aren't available via the Sky/Freesat in the UK.
    Have you had a look at Rytec? maybe the missing channels are available there. And Rytec is extremely fast.

I've attached a new version with the "TRUE" - "true" fix. Hopefully this now is creating a task in taskscheduler again..

Attachments

• EPG-Buddy.zip
      875.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom