Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (8 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    what are people using for UK listings?
    At the moment the choice would be the WebGrab module. It has listings for nearly every country in the world. For the UK freesat.co.uk or tvguide.co.uk should cover most of your channels. You can choose from a bunch of sites with webgrab. A complete list is available here:
    http://www.webgrabplus.com/epg-channels#stc_51

In the background we are evaluating if it is possible to use horizon.tv as direct download source. This would be a fast alternative to WebGrab for most European countries. But this will definitely not be ready for the next release of EPG-Buddy (if ever).

PRW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have been using EPG-BUDDY in US with tvguide.com ever since imdb.com stopped providing tv listings. Buddy stopped working a few days ago. Based on a change to zap2xml the problem seems to be:
    • tvguide: website now requires https login

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    We are aware of this and we are already working on a solution. By the way, it's more than just the HTTPS login that has changed...
    So please be patient, thanks...

HtownWMC

Portal Member
    December 13, 2015
    Home Country
    I updated to the latest version recently so when I noticed that the guide wasn't showing up I thought I had broken something. Sounds like the error

Unhandled Exception: system.net.webexception: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unnexpectedly.

when trying to grab the guide is the program telling me it's unable to communicate with the website. Will patiently wait for an update, thank you!

Oscar

July 22, 2018
    Home Country
    Chile Chile
    Hi, I know this is MP but I was wondering is this can be used to create a xml file for a iptv server used in perfect player for android? Thanks in advance

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I was wondering is this can be used to create a xml file for a iptv server used in perfect player for android?
    I don't know Perfect Player myself but as the xml file created by EPG-Buddy is XMLTV compatible and PerfectPlayer supports XMLTV format (according to PlayStore) it should work without issues.

Oscar

July 22, 2018
    Home Country
    Chile Chile
    Hi.

I don't know Perfect Player myself but as the xml file created by EPG-Buddy is XMLTV compatible and PerfectPlayer supports XMLTV format (according to PlayStore) it should work without issues.
    Thanks! do you know is there is a way to upload the file automatically?, i assume i'll have to upload the xml file every week or so, so the app can use it

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really don't know how PerfectPlayer want it's XML file, but I can imagine a cloud service, something like Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive can be useful for this. You can configure EPG-Buddy to save the XML file in the local cloud folder so it gets synchronized automatically. Only thing I don't know is if you can configure PerfectPlayer to use a (local) cloud folder too...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.4.3.4 can be found in our Repo (link in first post).
    It's highly recommended to upgrade to this version as with previous versions tvguide.com would not work. Aside this WebGrab+Plus is upgraded to 2.1.5 now supporting https that fixed many issues with sites using https only. And a new feature to combine the EPG-Data of 2 German channels sharing one Transponder Slot, Viva and ComedyCentral...

PRW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi.
    We are aware of this and we are already working on a solution. By the way, it's more than just the HTTPS login that has changed...
    So please be patient, thanks...
    Updated to 0.4.3.4. It works. Thanks for the quick response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom