EPG for USA now that IMDB is gone (1 Viewer)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My EPG grabber using IMDB in the USA stopped working this week and their site says they are not going to post tv listings anymore. This weekend I downloaded and installed the SchedulesDirect plugin from Mediaportal's website and installed it in my version 1.18. It works perfectly even tho it has not been updated recently. I do not know why it is not in the official plugins. You do have to sign up on the website, but it is just a username and password to start (no credit card info is asked for ) and they give you 7 days free to test it; you only have to pay after that. I selected the older legacy version per their site's instructions where they list which version to use with Mediaportal, put in my zip code, and selected the antenna version at the bottom. Then in the Mediaportal TV Server Configuration on the desktop, click it, go to plugins and it should be there. Enter your user name and password, tell it how many days to download, go to the advanced options tab and make your selections and click okay. I restarted the computer. It took a couple of updates to get all of the listings but now they work and I can record again. For $25 it is well worth it and they give much more information on each listing than what I used to get from IMDB.

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
ugh, well that explains why my EPG stopped working today after years of un maintained operation. Hmm need to find a replacement. Considering using the OTA epg for now so I have something.

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
cool. going to take a look at it now. Funny, I just realized its listed under my own app on the front page as a new/updated plugin. thanks.

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi, I admit I'm totally clueless, and hope this is an okay spot to post...

Has anyone made a template for webepg using tvguide.com instead of IMDb? Seems like it could be easier for the right person than adding new plug ins and such...

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Ive switched to using webgrab+ which will spit out an XMLtv file. It seems to be a lot more maintained and was reasonably easy to set up with tv guide

WebGrab+Plus

PJ08

March 9, 2018
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I found 4 huge sources of free EPG data which basically cover all U.S. networks. There are some API's but gaining access might be a problem. I suppose you could use a web grabber but am rather surprised that it has not already been done when practically every channel is available here!

DISH
    DIRECTV
    ZAP2IT
    TITAN TV
    TitanTV
    DataService Web Service

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    dish ans direct sites don't have any api description. titantv api description is present but it requires UUID.

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    I use tvguide.com. Works better than IMDB did in the past wish I had used it from the start.

PJ08

March 9, 2018
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I use tvguide.com. Works better than IMDB did in the past wish I had used it from the start.

I have attempted to register and keep getting errors (see image below). Did TVguide stop accepting new members?
    TV guide signup error.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom