EPG Genre map categories do not match tv server categories (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Why is in MP2 a genre flag for "special" and "series", but tv-config has only "special"? Is that a bug? In tv config I have only 6 epg categories, in MP2 there are 7

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why is in MP2 a genre flag for "special" and "series", but tv-config has only "special"? Is that a bug? In tv config I have only 6 epg categories, in MP2 there are 7
    Series detection is done by checking the episode number and season number properties of a program. I check our internal forum discussions and remembered this.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Series detection is done by checking the episode number and season number properties of a program. I check our internal forum discussions and remembered this.

Seems that does not work for all. I use clickfinder as epg, all series are then categorized as special or others. I wish to define that manually also and not only thru a routine. Thats don't work for all.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso any comment form your side?
    It will get the genres defined in TV setup. From the name of the genre, they will be mapped to an MP2 EPG genre id based on our genre xml files. The map will then contain a genre id mapping to the list of genre texts from TV setup. From that map, all programs will get their color based on what genre id is found for program genre text. The genre marked as movie will always be mapped to movie genre id. Programs that have no matching genre text but have series number or episode number/part will be mapped to the series genre id.
    MP2 supports more EPG genres than TV setup does. The only way use them all, is to map all non-series genres to TV setup genres that are not named "Series" and then have series/episode number on all the ones that should be mapped to the series genre id.
    Would it not be possible to rename the TV setup "Specials" genre to "Series" and then map that to the program genres "Specials" and "Others"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
    Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
    After initially having some success with MP2 (ver. 2.4.1).....I've been trying to get TVMosaic to work. Now, I seem to have...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using the legacy SD-DD (XML) from Schedules Direct. My SD plugin version is 1.30.1 I'm hesitant to update fully to 1.32 x64 final
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using...
    Win 7 64bit USA Downloaded MP2 last night. There was no plugin for SD (Schedule Direct) EPG Buddy was no help. I downloaded...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom