EPG Genres - UK (1 Viewer)

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am pleased with MP 1.3 extended with the Titan skin. However, I am not getting the colour coded genres. The epg does display at the top the definition of the colours but doesn't actually use them

I have checked the Server -epg genre map and everything appears to be ticked correctly. I have checked the GUI skin setting for the TV Guide and again everything appears to be set up OK.

I get the epg from both UK Freesat and Freeview

Is there something else I am missing?

Thanks

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    check if you have any unmapped program genres
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Changes/Config_Related_Changes/EPG_Genre_Map
    and check if you have any mapped program genres. if you don't have them - then nothing can be colored.
    Do you see any indication of genre in your EPG? maybe your EPG provider just doesn't fill it

Thanks. In my case, as far as I can see, everything that should be ticked is ticked. The epg itself does show the
    colours it will use for the genres but doesn't actually colour the programmes themselves

I know UK Freeview does broadcast genre data because my Freeview Sony TV automatically changes the display settings
    depending on info provider by the broadcaster - eg Sport, Movie etc. I wonder if anyone else who has both Freeview
    and Freesat, and where the epg data is gathered from both, have the same problem? Freesat and Freeview largely
    duplicate the same channels and I have these mapped for single entries in the epg

Tom

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    again
    check if you have any mapped program genres.
    do you have ANY entry in "mapped program genres" listbox?
    Do you see any indication of genre in your EPG?
    Genre information can be seen in TV Guide at bottom right corner. If no genre info is available - then you will see a dash symbol there.

please answer these questions first.

Last edited:

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Genre information can be seen in TV Guide at bottom right corner. If no genre info is available - then you will see a dash symbol there.

Thanks Vasilich. To avoid any misunderstanding, I attach 3 pics
    1. Snapshop of section of epg
    2. Snapshot of settings in Server
    3. Snapshot of settings for Titan skin

Tom

Attachments

• EPG-Capture.PNG
      EPG-Capture.PNG
      834.9 KB
    • EPG-Setup-Capture.PNG
      EPG-Setup-Capture.PNG
      95.8 KB
    • EPG-TitanSettings-Capture.PNG
      EPG-TitanSettings-Capture.PNG
      1.7 MB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EPG-Setup-Capture.png shows that you have not mapped any genres (at least for "Documentary").

Last edited:

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    EPG-Setup-Capture.png shows that you have not mapped any genres (at least for "Documentary").

Thank you Holzi. I had obviously completely misunderstood. I thought that section was for extra fiddling. It would never had occurred to me that I would have to tell it that News means News, Sports means Sports. Movies means Movies, but there you go. Life is full of surprises

Tom

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I would have to tell it that News means News, Sports means Sports.
    as you see in your screenshot, there is no genre "news" or "sports". all the genres, specified in DVB standard, have rahter complex names, and there is no easy way to map those genres automatically to 6 genre categories predefined in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom