EPG Service and utilities | Page 2

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by heerfordt, December 9, 2007.

1. heerfordt

heerfordt Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    New version available

Hi all,

I have just tried upgrading the EPG Service, so it gives better support for norweign channels..

In the new version it should no longer be possible to encounter invalid characters in the TvGuide.xml as seen in the previous post.

The is currently 110 channels available in the daily EPG File, including the missing channels meantion in this thread.

Regarding the logo Program:

First you install the EPG Service Program. The first time the service runs (about 40secs after the installation) a new TvGuide.xml is download to your system.. Then the TvSever Configuration has to be started and you go to the plugin section and look for XMLTV (Remember to enabled it by checking the checkbox under the plugin root menuitem).

Fill out the folder text box and check delete program before import, then click on the mapping tab and map your tvchannels to the TvGuide.xml channels.. when this is complete press Save mappings and go to the first tab and press import. Take a look at importet number if they are all zero... then somethings wrong.(Restart the TvServer COnfiguration program and try again).

Then you are ready to use the Icon Downloader program under Mediaportal in the Start Menu. The program downloads TvLogo´s to the MediaPortal installation folder (Thumbs\logos\tv). You can verify that the icons has been placed here after the run...

/Heerfordt.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. zion22

zion22 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Where is it available for download? Top link doesn't work and I can't find it...

4. heerfordt

heerfordt Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hi,

It can be download from http://www.heerfordt.com or under the plugin section here at Team Mediaportal..

/Heerfordt.

5. zion22

zion22 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Cheers :)

6. Nogge69

Nogge69 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Looks good on the server, all channel mappings are ok for me now.
    Just need to check on my clients when i get home.

:D

7. heerfordt

heerfordt Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
  8. zion22

zion22 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't get it to work nomore :(

File is downloaded (~7 Mb), but it won't import it. Ima find some logs and all when I get home from work. ^^

9. Nogge69

Nogge69 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Can confirm that everything looks fine for my part. (Both on server and clients)
    Thanks again:)

10. accolon

accolon Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had the same problem as zion22 since yesterday. I have tried the new version of EPGguide but to no avail

11. heerfordt

heerfordt Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hi,

I have just verified the generation of the 3 guides, and everything checks out to be okay.

Try to delete the TvGuide.xml (then restart the EPG Service) and check then mappings in the XMLTV PLugin.

All the channel ID's has been changed since yesterday, so the mappings in the XMLTV Plugin might be wrong.

/Heerfordt.

Direct link to the EPG Service : http://www.heerfordt.com/files/EPGService.zip

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!