EPG USA setup using xmltv. STICK THIS! (1 Viewer)

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am getting the error "Operation Timed Out" when acquiring program data. It correctly finds my cable provider and channels but then when I click the save button I get the progress bar for awhile and then it times out. Any ideas?

I've tried using the manual xmltv deal and the whole time zone thing has things messed up so I would like to use this tool.

Scratch that, wrong thread, I'm using the zap2it plug in.

hotwired34

Portal Member
August 28, 2006
I am having an issue with the data that is being downloaded from zap2it labs. I have been using this setup for months and have been satisfied with the results, however, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, the EPG started to get "holes" in the data. What I mean is, all of a sudden, a channel would have "Data Not Available" across the board. First it was one, then a few, now it seems like I am only receiving 15 channels of information instead of 60. Like I said, this has been working fine for months. Anyone else experiencing this?

Athfar

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Hey everyone! I am back from the dead... Rather I have just been using SageTV and am growing rather tired of it.

I still can't believe after so long though that we still haven't came up with a sound way of getting EPG data.

The Zap2It plugin is neat but seriously... Who wants to name all of their channels?? (Maybe I am doing something wrong?).

So now I have a question about my own post (ironic). Why is it that Mediaportal insists on using tv_grab_uk_rt?? I can't get the thing to do tv_grab_na_dd anymore...

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
The Zap2It plugin is neat but seriously... Who wants to name all of their channels?? (Maybe I am doing something wrong?).

Hi,

The zap2it plugin will auto-rename your channels(or not) to the format you choose if set to do so in the config.
So the only thing you should have to do is auto-tune/scan the channels and the rest should be automatic.

Sorry, not much help on the xmltv question though.

HTH,
patrick

lumpy

Portal Member
January 25, 2007
Dont matter, zap2it is stopping service as of Sept 1. so all Zap2it data for the USA will no longer work.

Hope someone here finds a new source for data. Heck I think most are willing to pay $5.00 a month for it.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    I was just on their forum to try and understand why they are discontinuing service and for all the times that same (or similarly re-worded) question was asked - there has not been any answer. A few people brought up a possibility regarding a monthly charge (verses their plan of just shutting down) and there has been no response/reply to that either.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    I was just on their forum to try and understand why they are discontinuing service and for all the times that same (or similarly re-worded) question was asked - there has not been any answer. A few people brought up a possibility regarding a monthly charge (verses their plan of just shutting down) and there has been no response/reply to that either.

Hi Mike,

Quote from labsadmin @ zap2it:

- Continued use of the service to support commercial products, in violation of the agreement.
    - Commercial products continued to grow despite previous appeals that this activity stop.
    - There are significant changes to the supporting data structure forthcoming and we could not devote resources to the continued upkeep and enhancements of the service.
    - Maintenance of the service is impacting our resource pool for other projects.
    - We sought alternative options but were unable to find a solution.
    - We recognize the hardship this creates for the user community. We are open to alternative solutions and would consider proposals that met the needs of the user community and our company.
    - We looked into options to turn this into a paid service however we do not have the infrastructure at this time.

patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom