EPG USA setup using xmltv. STICK THIS! (1 Viewer)

helixx360

July 29, 2006
Can't access www.zap2it.com through config

I have tried multiple times to run the grabber, but can not get past the password request. I am able to enter the timezone and username just fine, but then I get a line that state:

"WARNING: Storing the password in the config file is not secure. If password is blank, it will be prompted as needed (more secure). Unsecured password <'x':delete,default:<keep>,>:"

I can not enter any text at this point and am forced to just press 'ENTER', which creates an error due to the fact that no password has been entered.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

awolbush

Portal Member
August 3, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Missing grabber

I tried to download the xmltv grabber from sourceforge, in fact I downloaded xmltv-0.5.42-win32, xmltv-0.5.43-win32 and xmltv-0.5.44-win32. But nowhere to be found is there a folder named 'tv_grab_na_*'. So is there some place else I can get the grabber?

thorscutie

January 2, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am having troubles with the xmltv grabber moving the downloaded info to the tv guide in media portal. everytime I run the grabber it will download the line up. but then when I open up media portal and go to the tv guide, there is no data there. any suggestions?

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
I am having troubles with the xmltv grabber moving the downloaded info to the tv guide in media portal. everytime I run the grabber it will download the line up. but then when I open up media portal and go to the tv guide, there is no data there. any suggestions?

Not sure, the update to the database can take a while though 15-30 minutes after
you enter MP and the new file is detected.

If you are in Canada, you could also try the zap2it plugin:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=8278

HTH,
patrick

lwarden123

January 11, 2007
Zap2it Plugin Problems with 2.2

I was using the Zap2it plugin successfully for about 6 months until I loaded up Version 2.2. Is there a compatibility problem with 2.2?

With the stable version of 2.2 and version 1.7 of the plugin I can get it to configure correctly, and it goes out and retrieves the Zap2it channel data in setup, but the update never happens in MP. I tired older version too with no luck.

Also, I've tried a couple of the CSV updates and when I go to configure the plugin in setup it throws an exception. I can include the details if it helps.

When I moved to 2.2 I unloaded the previous version entirely. (did this twice actually)

I'm really bummed about this since I was doing well with the plugin up to that point. It was much better than messing with the xmlgrab thing.

Thanks,
lwarden

postal14

January 18, 2007
Home Country
The password should be in your tv_grab_na_dd.conf file. It should look like this:

username: ASiDiE
password: mprules
timezone: -0700
lineup: CO58527:D
channel: 64 AMC
channel: 41 AETV

I then created a bat file that looks like this:

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml

I then set up scheduler to hit that bat file at night.
kick butt idea. I did that too, works great!

John

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
Operation Timed Out

I am getting the error "Operation Timed Out" when acquiring program data. It correctly finds my cable provider and channels but then when I click the save button I get the progress bar for awhile and then it times out. Any ideas?

I've tried using the manual xmltv deal and the whole time zone thing has things messed up so I would like to use this tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom