EPG woes (4 Viewers)

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    107
    13
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does anyone know how to “fix” the MC2XML application, and hopefully permanently? Mine stopped working sometime after September 29 (I didn’t notice right away, because I had a week’s schedule downloaded with every daily update).

    I understand that this has happened before, though I don’t quite understand why (I read something about an automatic expiration in some posts). I have tried replacing with the last application file pointed to by forum members as an update (from late 2025), but that doesn’t work.

    It took me forever to set up MC2XML, Schedules Direct, and MP’s XMLTV so that they all work together, and then I made a simple batch file and used Windows Task Scheduler to do automatic daily updates. Once set up, it has all worked flawlessly for years now. I am really not eager to repeat that work with new programs.

    I gather that there are at least a few others who are dealing with this at the moment. The best fix would be an MC2XML application that works again.

    But related: Does anyone use EPG123 with MP2?

    Thanks,

    N.
     

    CyberSimian

    Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    3,818
    3,014
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It took me forever to set up MC2XML, Schedules Direct, and MP’s XMLTV so that they all work together,
    I am curious as to why you need to use MC2XML?

    Schedules Direct can provide the guide data in JSON form or in XML form. If you select the XML form in your Schedules Direct account, is that form not directly usable by XMLTV?

    -- from CyberSimian in the UK
     

    Nordfinn

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    107
    13
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you select the XML form in your Schedules Direct account, is that form not directly usable by XMLTV?
    Not so far as I know. It's been years, now, but I believe I was led to MC2XML by MP documentation. One needs an interface between Schedules Direct and MP/XmlTV. Please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong about that.
     

    CyberSimian

    Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    3,818
    3,014
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One needs an interface between Schedules Direct and MP/XmlTV.
    I have never used Schedules Direct or XMLTV, so I cannot comment from personal experience. There is however one other possibility, although I am reluctant to suggest it as I am not sure whether it still works.

    There is a TV Server plugin for Schedules Direct that will (I think) work with MP2. However, I have a vague recollection that Schedules Direct changed the interface some time ago, and I am not sure whether the plugin has been updated correspondingly. I did install it on my MP1 system, but was unable to test it as I don't have a Schedules Direct subscription. But here are some screen shots:

    (06)_plugin_enabled.jpg (07)_plugin_config_tab.jpg (08)_plugin_adv_options_tab.jpg (09)_plugin_mpaa_ratings_tab.jpg
    (10)_plugin_tv_ratings_tab.jpg (11)_plugin_tvdb_tab.jpg

    I have attached a zip containing what I think is the most-recent version of the plugin. Possibly worth trying?

    -- from CyberSimian in the UK
     

    Attachments

    • SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.zip
      78.4 KB

    CyberSimian

    Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    3,818
    3,014
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is a TV Server plugin for Schedules Direct
    Forgot to mention that the Schedules Direct plugin works only with the XML form of the Schedules Direct guide data, so make sure that your Schedules Direct account has been set to provide the XML form before you test the plugin (assuming that it installs successfully).

    -- from CyberSimian in the UK
     

    Nordfinn

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    107
    13
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks much for the pointers and all the info. I think I may try something else first, though. Or maybe this, if I can figure our where and how to install the plug-in .dll. Not at all clear, in MP2.
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom