Erratic Playback of Recorded TV on Client Machine (1 Viewer)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well the one on the Q drive is the one i use and is also shared with the server installation of TV Series.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well the one on the Q drive is the one i use and is also shared with the server installation of TV Series.
    ...and that appears to be the one that MP is saying is corrupted. These databases were not designed to be shared. When they are, they can be corrupted and cause unusual problems. Rename it instead of deleting if you want.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok.. will give it a try and report back.[DOUBLEPOST=1377686574][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok.. instead of deleting or renaming the DB, i've pointed TV series pluging to local DB which is empty.. Should that have the same effect ?

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm back...
    Tested TV playback and problem persists... I'm lost now.. I've done full reformat.. fresh windows install, all MS updates and patches, latest drivers etc etc..
    What gets me is that MP 1.3.1 doesn't have this issue.. I updated to 1.4 as i needed the HDMI fix which prevents the screen from resizing when losing HDMI connection..[DOUBLEPOST=1377687715][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm convinced its a problem with MP.. The files play just fine outside MP

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So to be clear:
    1. These are TS files hosted on the server.
    2. They play fine when you play them in the videos section (presumably by playing them via a share on the server).
    3. They do not play well when played from the recorded TV section (which uses RTSP streaming).
    Is that correct?

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Any update on this ?

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MP 1.4 onwards is terrible... gone back to 1.3 and all playback issues have disappeared..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom