Error in Weather (1 Viewer)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Interesting, I could not get the fix to work with 1.0.0... I get a severe crash whenever I replace the old WindosPlugin with the new one. Also Configuration.exe will crash, and report this plugin as the problem.

I tried both with Indogo and Blue3wide.

Any hints or ideas I could try to get it to work? Did you do a reboot as someone mentioned above?

/Peter

I upgraded to 1.0.2 and now it works.

Thanks for the fix rtv.

/Peter

japes

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The weather in main menu doesn't work, and the weather plugin itself now shows the 128x128 logo instead of the 64x64 icons (which i replaced with these nice shiny wallpapers like this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ather-backdrop-fitting-current-weather-58357/). It this because of the change to the site or the dll?

I hate to bump my own post, but I wanted to clarify it with screenshots and bring it under attention again :sorry:

Since installing the modified WindowPlugins, it loads the 'wrong' icons. Can this be fixed please?

Actually it has been fixed to finally use the high resolution icons on larger skins. I see at least two issues on your screenshot: 1. It seems like your high res images differ from the smaller ones, 2. your skin does not set the correct size of the individual image controls. If there's no size specified then the (obviously much too large) default from references.xml will be used.

So is there no way to use weather specific full screen images for the weather backgrounds without losing the former smaller icons completely? That's too bad b/c I spent alot of time getting pictures and editing them with an overlay.

Thanks for the fix though RTV I guess I can go back to default backgrounds.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi dangerzone,

Did you use the fix 1.0.2 with 1.0.0? If so, did it work?

/Peter

Yes, that is exactly what i did, And it works again.

After that i Cleared the cache file but i have no idea if that is necessary.

Not working for me in 1.0.0.0 RC4 (one client is running with this release because of directx-issues). MP closes as soon as I want to go to weather.

Alfred

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I guess rtv and other devs have better things to do than to create patches for every MP build release.... go figure ;)

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess rtv and other devs have better things to do than to create patches for every MP build release.... go figure ;)
    Maybe you are right, even when I do not know what rtv and other devs are doing, as they did not tell it to me :cool:

But I guess the purpose of this forum is to tell other people (including the devs) what is working and what is not working and in this way to try to provide and to get help.

Alfred

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Strange... I can't see that you have made a support request on the matter :p

Now - back to topic, please :)

beowulf

Portal Member
    July 12, 2007
    As I have promised: Here's the WindowPlugins.dll for MediaPortal 1.0.2 containing the recent MyWeather fixes.
    If you use the Blue 3 wide skin you might want to update the attached xml file as well (it ensures that all weather images are displayed in their original aspect ratio).

Shouldn't this be posted as an official patch on the front page of MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Home ? Guess a lot of people are woundering why this doesn't work. Maybe also in an .exe or .mpi for easy install.

Anyway thanx for the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom