[solved] "Error invoking action StarTimeshift" (1 Viewer)

Werner123

Portal Member
January 6, 2018
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
When I try to start the TV within my Media Portal 2, the following error comes up "Error invoking action StarTimeshift". Any solution? The logs are attached. Btw I am using a VPN

Werner123

Portal Member
January 6, 2018
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
Here they are :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-08-18-11.44.40.zip
    605.6 KB · Views: 13

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    [2019-08-16 17:41:07,801] [20043 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - SlimTvService: Failed to start TV service thread within 10 seconds.
    [2019-08-16 17:41:07,916] [20159 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - SlimTvService: Failed to register events. This happens only if startup failed. Stopping plugin now.
    The plugin is not getting initialized in time and doesn't start.You can try to manually restart the MP2 Server Service in Windows Services. A simple check to see if the service is correctly running, is to launch the TV Configuration.

Some people have solved this by setting the server start type to "Delayed".

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Please set log level to DEBUG; reproduce the problem and post new logs.
    Please set log level to DEBUG; reproduce the problem and post new logs.
    Hi, after resuming from standby, I see the Error indicator on the screen. If I click on it, it says: 'Error invoking action...
    Replies
    Views
    The links to the files are in the log file behind the error.
    The links to the files are in the log file behind the error.
    I am trying to install MedaiPortal 2 in a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home, with all updates applied However I keep getting the...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the reply. I did check that and restarted not only the service but also the server. I also changed the service to be a delayed tart. I really like MP2 but i have found the service to be less reliable that MP1 and have now reverted back which is a shame. MP1 strwams to the client without too many issues apart from Network...
    Thanks for the reply. I did check that and restarted not only the service but also the server. I also changed the service to be a...
    Hi really struggling with this one. Have a brand new install first windows 7 now windows 10 on a client machine. Installed...
    Replies
    Views
    Now I finally have DVB-S EPG grabbing working! In the configuration I had selected only the languages that I am interested in. Now I have changed that to all languages and now I have EPG working! Regards, Bart
    Now I finally have DVB-S EPG grabbing working! In the configuration I had selected only the languages that I am interested in. Now...
    Sooo I'm looking to convert over from DVBlogic to a new solution to watch TV throughout the house, Mediaportal looks like just the...
    Replies
    Views
    Same issue. Uninstalling & reinstalling worked for me as well. I did delete the folder tree, but looking beforehand showed that there were no files left after the uninstall & reboot.
    Same issue. Uninstalling & reinstalling worked for me as well. I did delete the folder tree, but looking beforehand showed that...
    I just upgraded from MP2 2.2.3 to MP2 2.3 and now my clients start, show the splash screen, and then don't move any further. Is it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom