Error logged by Mini Display: LCD2USB.dll not found? (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Occasionally I see an error like the following in MediaPortal's error.log:
    2012-03-01 01:08:19.184570 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    The file is there where it should be (v 1.4.0.0) and the display ( Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo E w/Futaba VFD using the Fujitsu Scaleo EV driver) seems to work OK.
    Where is the error coming from, and how can I get rid of it?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Now I am getting this error again, and I can't find LCD2USB.DLL on my system any more. There doesn't seem to be any functional problem: I am still getting information displayed on my built-in Fujitsu VFD.

B

BassFan

i have the same Problem when start configuration or MP v1.5 that not appears in 1.4
    so i have deactivate Mini Display..

why? when i have deactivate the Mini Display the error appears again? (infrequent)
    the lib should NOT checked after deactivate in configuration
    NO error log appears only this message

greets

Last edited by a moderator:
    B

BassFan

@BassFan was libusb0.dll shipped with earlies version of MP? I can't find the dll on my system and also I cannot find any reference to this dll is the source code.
    LCD2USB.DLL used the file libusb0.dll as reference check it with Dependency Walker.
    the sourcecode from MP not used any of them..
    -----------------
    you can not load a DLL if a dependency (Module) are missing.
    and you can not load a Driver on a 64 Bit System with a Module written in 32 Bit.. (libusb0.dll)
    LCD2USB.DLL should be remove from MP !!
    ------------

Which Problem your have?

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have no problems, I only have the errors in the log and was wondering why. I saw with Dependency Walker that libus0.dll is missing and was curious which module does it actually use and I found none. I agree that LCD2USB.DLL should be removed from MP.

Regards, uxDesign

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom