Error while playing any video stream for a 2nd time (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm not a skilled dev lol (more a amateur one).
    So like the error happen for video, i would start MP from git source under vs and hit pause when it happen or set BP on cleanup to see pending thread etc.
    So in vs i start from core project, the mp.exe (from debug folder) and i disable before in exception loader lock (ctrl+alt+e)

So i can start video etc. and set BP, the culprit file is videoplayerVMR9.cs :)

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok, I understand.

The debugging might not be available if the problem cannot be reproduced on my main PC where VS will be installed. Then the only other option is to add debug statements to the code, hope it doesn't interfere with the behavior, and then look in the log how far we got until the error occured. And then start adding printstacks to get an idea on what actually is happening.

I've been looking for the software and found this set:
    Code:
    DirectX Software Development Kit for Windows 7
    Git for Windows 1.9.2-preview20140411
    Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 with Update 2 for Windows
    Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4
    TortoiseGit v1.8.9.0 x64
    YASM v1.2.0 x64

Is this list complete and recent enough?

It will probably take until next Saturday (busy WE) before I have time to install everything. Sorry for that - I feel a bit unappreciative towards you since you are so helpful and react almost immediately..

Last edited:

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've been extremely busy the past weeks at work and now I'm off to vacation.

I'll pick this up again end of July.

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, In the meanwhile everything is in working order again on my side and I wanted to give some feedback to close the thread gracefully.

1. In 2014-2015 I did several MP updates, clean MP re-installs, OS (W7) updates, all to no avail - the problem remained
    2. In 2016 I switched to Windows 10 (normal upgrade, no fresh install) and upgraded to MP 1.14 (pre) - which solved the problem !

So I can only assume that the problem lay dormant within Windows 7 somewhere and was removed due to the upgrade to Windows 10.
    And this actually makes sense because it first appeared after a big patch update of Windows 7.

So if you are in the same situation as I was, then my advise is:
    • or to upgrade to Windows 10 (the easier option)
    • or to re-install your Windows - the problem lies within Windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom