EventGhostPlus (2 Viewers)

packstlauren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Is there a way to send an event when MP comes to screen saver ?
    I need this to manage power supplies for other devices.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pack

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You'll get Video started/paused/resumed/stopped messages in eg like you do for any other vid.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Recreated the installer package so that it's compliant with Mediaportal 1.12 again, changed the installer so that it no longer overwrites Cornerstone.dll with its own version as that can mess up other plugins.

Updated it to .NET 4.0 and bumped minimal versions, source is online here:

https://github.com/RickDB/EventGhostPlus/commits/master

Not sure if the original developer is still active as the repository was last updated 2 years but attached new version and hopefully that can be updated on MPEI repo as well :)

Attachments

• EventGhostPlus_1.1.3.6.mpe1
      81.9 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did that in the new installer but can add a check if its newer then skip only if that works correctly as dates can be off, however it seems to be supplied with the plugins it supports by default so not sure if we still need to do that nowadays :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @DaBIGOne noticed that the code on the Github repository is for 1.1.3.0 however afterwards there were some fixes which didn't seem to get pushed to it like this 1.1.3.5 build:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/eventghostplus.113463/page-27#post-1108389

Any chance you can push those chances so that a new build / installer can be based off that?
    MPEI (.xmp2) was missing which means that it couldn't be re-created with the same Extension GUID, for our AtmoLight project for instance we put those in a /MPEI folder in the repo so that we never lose it :)

/ UPDATE

Included the build without any chances to the code but with the updated installer below, this no longer shows the warning about the installer being outdated like the original and gets you the most recent version.

Attachments

• EventGhostPlus_1.1.3.5.mpe1
      83.7 KB
    Last edited:

Baserunner

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi have probably a silly question … I am using this plugin with eventghost for years, but don't really understand how it works. I believe since MP 1.11 there is in configuration the section "input devices and remotes". Do I need to tick something in this section? Currently nothing is selected and it works so far OK for me. But why does it work? Thanks for answers.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi base runner.

So I am not super MP guy but I am pretty sure that eventghost sees things going on in your computer (events) and then talks to the eventghost plugin to make those things happen. If you are wondering about the Remotes and Input Devices setting within mediaportal Configuration then no you do not need to do anything in this area. All the configuration for remote input is done within eventghost which then tell the plug in what you want to do in mediaportal.

Now if you don't have the process plugin for eventghost, you can still use event ghost to emulate a keyboard which will control mediaportal without the plugin. you would "map" a remote signal to a keyboard input (eventghost would see the IR button code and then it would tell the computer that the "spacebar" was pressed). This would start and stop a video as an example.

eventghost.JPG

Last edited:

Baserunner

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your reply nzdreamer55. So if I press my Harmony One Red Button for example, the signal for this button only "receives" event ghost which "talks" to MP. If I would tick the General HID button in the configuration - would then MP receive the Red Button event as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom