EventGhostPlus (2 Viewers)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello I'm coming from IRSS and trying to get eventghost working with usbuirt......I am lost please help.

OMG, I am in almost the same boat (mine has oars and red flag :). I just upgraded to MP 1.5 and as such the IRSS plugin does not play well with MP 1.5

I have just done a clean install of my OS (win 7 x64) and MP 1.5. I have a USB-IRT and need to blast my set top box to change channels, my sound bar to change volume, and my TV to power it on and off. Before I was able to do this with IRSS (and I suspect that I will be able to as well with eventghost), but the blasting part is where I am not understanding how to set up. Before IRSS had a Media Portal TV server plugin (TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server) and a Media Portal Client plugin (MP Control Plugin for IR Server) as well as this other one called MP Blast Zone Plugin for IR Server.

Is there a tutorial for configuration around here that I could read?

Thanks

-S

Wait I found something

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/EventGhostPlus

but any thing to watch out for would be appreciated.

OK so after following those instructions, I have a system where I can use a generic MCE remote to control the screen cursor. I cannot control the windows volume, back or stop videos that are playing with the remote. I have opened up eventghost and tried to trigger the event from eventghost, but that didn't do anything either. Maybe I need to change something in the MP config settings and not eventghost?

One more thing...Do I need to install message Plugin still or is just eventGhostPlus enough.

So close....yet so far when your wife just wants to watch her shows....

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So what I think you want to do is to let EventGhost receive your remote commands and send some of them to MediaPortal and others to the USB-UIRT. Looks like you got the first part set up correctly already.
    Now you say that you want to control the volume of your set top box and the Windows sound...?

EventGhost can use the USB-UIRT plugin to learn and transmit IR commands to a set top box. First add the USB-UIRT plugin below Autostart and then create a new macro for USB-UIRT > Transmit IR. Double click the "action item" and click Learn an IR Code. Then place the set top box remote really close to your USB-UIRT and press and hold the button you wish to learn. When the code is learned you should click Test to confirm that EventGhost can correctly send the IR code to your box.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Blanking the screen inside MP is done over:

Code:
    Win32API.SendMessageA(Form.ActiveForm.Handle, WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_MONITORPOWER, value ? MONITOR_OFF : MONITOR_ON);

So you get a proper WM_SYSCOMMAND event anyway you can check. I would leave GUIGraphicsContext alone here and just process the relevant system messages.
    Actually the screen blanking in MP is a feature that should be removed and some handling in regards to the Win screen saver added. There are a few glitches that it kicks in when it should not. It is as simple to fix as adding a single line of code.
    MP's "screen saveing" will kick the bucket as it is really a not needed features that just complicates MP's setup for user and also the code.

It brings nothing to the table in regards to MP. The power management of mainboards, CPUs and GPUs advanced that much since the release of XP that this stuff should be removed from the MP code base. That code snipped is from that time where it was OK to have such things.
    Any other event you are having trouble with? With the recent work on the Main MP message loop I am very fluent about this stuff.

Great plugin DaBIGOne! Also really keen to see screen blanking events.

@Scythe42 I Don't agree that this feature should be removed. From my point of view it's not so much about saving power as it is about preventing image retention on my Plasma display. I'd like to be able to detect the screen blanking in eventghost and then 10Mins later actually send an HDMI CEC command to power off the TV. Can you please give me some pointers on wndproc() events?

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So what I think you want to do is to let EventGhost receive your remote commands and send some of them to MediaPortal and others to the USB-UIRT. Looks like you got the first part set up correctly already.
    Now you say that you want to control the volume of your set top box and the Windows sound...?

EventGhost can use the USB-UIRT plugin to learn and transmit IR commands to a set top box. First add the USB-UIRT plugin below Autostart and then create a new macro for USB-UIRT > Transmit IR. Double click the "action item" and click Learn an IR Code. Then place the set top box remote really close to your USB-UIRT and press and hold the button you wish to learn. When the code is learned you should click Test to confirm that EventGhost can correctly send the IR code to your box.

OK thanks for the advice on the USB-UIRT. The problem that I am in now is that I cannot use some of the buttons on my remote. I am using all the stock set up for install and I have a RC6 Remote WMC remote control

Here is what I am using

http://www.directron.com/hair01sv.html

Since I not changed anything from the standard install instructions, I am confused as to why the back button isn't working.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached pictures of how I have set up things and showen that the back button maps

-S

P.S. I though that I had some control with my remote, but the only keys that work are the arrow keys, and the ok button. Nothing else works. I have something set up incorrectly. Do I need to learn all the regular keys to work within mediaportal like the back key or the green (media) button? I though that was added automatically. Is it because I am using the UBS-UIRT that I am going to have to teach it every command if that is the case?

Vuego-I see that you also have the USB-UIRT and are on MP 1.6 so do you have event ghost working? I hope so so you can help me :) What remote do you use?

Lastly, it seems like eventghost isn't communicating with Mediaportal. Is looks like in eventghost there is a way to configure the message plugin to listen on a specific port (1023) and to put in the IP address, but there isn't a place to put the server address and port number for the MP eventghost plugin.

Attachments

• EG MP Plugin Button map.JPG
      EG MP Plugin Button map.JPG
      56.6 KB
    • EG plugin message config.JPG
      EG plugin message config.JPG
      38.4 KB
    • EG plugin MP.JPG
      EG plugin MP.JPG
      51.6 KB
    • EG plugins.JPG
      EG plugins.JPG
      116.9 KB
    • Message MP Plugin Button map.JPG
      Message MP Plugin Button map.JPG
      59.9 KB
    • EG MP plugin.JPG
      EG MP plugin.JPG
      27.6 KB
    • EM Message Plugin.JPG
      EM Message Plugin.JPG
      36.7 KB
    Last edited:

mmesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2004
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi,

My MCE R6 remote stopped working in MediaPortal v1.6 Final... :(

The setup I'm using is eventghost with mediaportal plugin and MCE remote plugin. In eventghost I see that remote key presses are still detected correctly but MP doesn't react upon it.
    Nothing in the log either even when configured at DEBUG level. MP configurator doesn't complain about incompatibility between the plugin and MP version.

Can someone confirm the issue?

davizator

Portal Member
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes, my remote don't work after MP1.6 update (neither with the latest release of messageplugin).
    I try in 2 PC's with MP 1.6, the remotes are dead, but they was working with MP1.6 prerelease...... Something has change in this Final release...
    Back to MP1.5 and all OK.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is a change in remote plugins related to NET4.0 that break input plugins but the fix maybe broke eventghost.
    You could try attached bin to see if something is OK.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I though that I had some control with my remote, but the only keys that work are the arrow keys, and the ok button.
    Looks like you messed this up pretty bad :X3:

First of all, if you simply wish to control MediaPortal by MCE remote you don't need EventGhost or any plugins. MediaPortal supports MCE out of the box so this might be where your problem is. Your EventGhost installation isn't configured to do anything with your remote key presses yet. Are you still able to use the arrow and OK buttons if you shut down EventGhost?

I've never used a MCE remote so I'm not an expert on this. I just use any remote with my USB-UIRT and that will do nothing unless I configure EventGhost so I think it is a much simpler approach :)

Now if you wish to control EventGhost with your MCE remote rather than MediaPortal directly you need to somehow disable the service that's currently handling its key presses. I think this is more of a EventGhost issue so you might get some help over at their forums.

Do I need to learn all the regular keys to work within mediaportal like the back key or the green (media) button? I though that was added automatically. Is it because I am using the UBS-UIRT that I am going to have to teach it every command if that is the case?
    The MediaPortal MCE remote settings does already have all keys mapped. If you wish to use EventGhost instead you need to disable MediaPortal's MCE support. EventGhost doesn't have any remote buttons mapped by default so you need to map them manually. Start by adding the MediaPortal plugin in EventGhost. You get an option to add all MediaPortal commands to your EventGhost configuration which you may then add your triggers to.

Lastly, it seems like eventghost isn't communicating with Mediaportal. Is looks like in eventghost there is a way to configure the message plugin to listen on a specific port (1023) and to put in the IP address, but there isn't a place to put the server address and port number for the MP eventghost plugin.
    EventGhost doesn't have to communicate by IP address to control MediaPortal. Simply add the MediaPortal plugin that comes with EventGhost. It will use Windows messages to control MediaPortal. No need to configure any port or IP address.

About your screenshots:
    1. EventGhostPlus Inputmapping - you most likely won't have to change anything here. It offers a way to change the default key mappings such as if you'd like to change the back button to close MediaPortal or something like that.
    2. EventGhost MediaPortal message sender - you most likely won't have to change anything here. This plugin can be used to send a message to display in a MediaPortal popup window.
    3. EventGhostPlus settings - do you not have MediaPortal and EventGhost installed on the same machine? If you do you can change to Send mode: Submit events locally.
    4. EventGhost plugins - looks like you're missing a MCE remote plugin which means EventGhost will not receive any triggers from your remote.
    5. Message plugin setup - I do not know what this is. Where did you find it? :)
    6. EventGhost's MediaPortal plugin - this plugin will send commands to MediaPortal. You can try it out by selecting on of the MediaPortal macros or actions added to the MediaPortal folder of your EventGhost configuration and pressing F5.

OleDK

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have encounted the same problem after upgrading to 1.6. EventGhost is not working with the message plugin, and I cannot get it to Work with EvenGoshtplus either.

Sebastiii I tried you mod above, but it seems not to make any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom