EVR stutter with all kind of media, vmr9 stutterfree (2 Viewers)

kampfy

Portal Member
November 8, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
just a little update on progress (if anyone is even interested) :)

while still not being perfect, behavior turned itselve around auite a bit

all results are base on desktop monitor disabled. in this case tv behaves now just like it would when being the only monitor physicaly attached to my system:

any sort of mpeg4 rips (xvid, divx etc.) start out smooth with no frame drops but will start stuttering after 5-15min of playback. same file, rebooted system each try, totaly random when stuttering starts.

hdtv (using core2.0 with cuda) totally smooth. occalsional stutter once every 3-5mins with a few dropped frames but barely noticeable. 6 worldcup soccer games testing experience here. pc perfomed much better then players on field so to speak :)

sd tv not really tested till now. WORLD CUP, huh!

anyway, odd thing i noticed during win7 setups is, that what screen it recoginzies as mainscreen (meaning what screens will be the primary on at first login after setup and be marked as 1 in displaysettings) is totally random. 2 out of 3 setups now, my desktop monitor would become the primary one, 1 time the tv would become the primary one. this is with both screens turned on during setup and without switching heads on gfx card. if desktop monitor would come up as primary testing results are terrible on tv, even if it's the only screen activated. contected ms about this, no response yet.

geov, did you try with vista + evr ? does that change anything for you ?

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi kampfy

I did run Vista 32bit for about 6months and video and TV was smooth.... The problem is that I'm running different hardware now, new motherboard,CPU and Graphics was upgraded just before I installed windows 7...so I cant really compare my experience with Vista on the same hardware.

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    im struggling with the same problem at the moment (dual monitor).

one thing I observed: when win7 starts with TV set as primary, I got much less problems generally. i can set it to secondary after booting, without getting problems. when win7 starts up with TV as secondary, I dont get any smooth playback, even when I switch TV to primary.

I'm going to play with diffrent drivers and will report back later.

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    diffrent drivers did not help. but this seems one helped me Dual Monitors Windows 7 Problems (Post from Twizzlerite) to run MP on the second display, its now perfect or almost-perfect (need more testing to say exactly) with v020 dshowhelper.

I may don't have the same problem as kampfy, but just to note for everyone else coming over this topic.

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    wow, nice spot! The (post from twizzlerite link) as mentioned above fixed all my stutter problems, I dont have to have 'always on top' ticked now for MP, so it doesnt steal focus from my other apps. nice.
    The only thing I would be concerned about is that the regedit 'Force10Level9', turns off dx10. Maybe this is only for DWM. Who knows.
    if you google 'force9level10', there is only one entry from twizzlerite. SO I guess this isnt a widely known fix.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom