existing tv recordings not shown after reinstalling MP (1 Viewer)

ARH

Portal Member
October 27, 2006
I have had this problem in the past as well. I have just checked me recording folder and there are no "xml" files in there. Can you tell us how to change this setting?

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
July 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
@mm1352000
Ive used mepo prior but did nof have a tv server. When i got my tuners i formatted the drive and started from scratch.
Even at this point in starting i never had xml files
Recently i formatted and restarted the process af which point i usedbthe tvserver import/export feature so i didnt have to retune channels. And again no xml files..
If i didnt have them previously, not sure how importing old settings will affect it...
Anyway, im happy to setup TeamViewer so you could have a look at the server/install.....that would be greatly appreciated

Ill pm you details of my teamviewer login.
Cheers

**edit - Tried to PM you but wont allow me to**

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have had this problem in the past as well. I have just checked me recording folder and there are no "xml" files in there. Can you tell us how to change this setting?
    Before I explain how to change the setting I'd like to have the opportunity to:
    1. Confirm that XML files are not created.
    2. Confirm that the setting is the reason that XML files are not created.
    3. Investigate how the setting value came to be unset (which normally should never happen).
    So, are you also willing to allow me to have a quick TeamViewer session?

If i didnt have them previously, not sure how importing old settings will affect it...
    Obviously if you import settings which specify that XML files should not be created, you'd taint your new/clean installation, and so the cycle will continue.

**edit - Tried to PM you but wont allow me to**
    Yes, I've blocked PMs because I used to receive lots of unsolicited requests for help.
    I'm not feeling up for a TeamViewer session tonight, sorry. Just exhausted. <sigh> My bed is calling me.
    I'll PM you tomorrow. You'll be able to respond to my PM in private.

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, I've blocked PMs because I used to receive lots of unsolicited requests for help.
    I'm not feeling up for a TeamViewer session tonight, sorry. Just exhausted. <sigh> My bed is calling me.
    I'll PM you tomorrow. You'll be able to respond to my PM in private.[/QUOTE]

That will explain it.
    All good, PM when your are free and available and ill reply with my teamviewer details
    Cheers

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @mm1352000
    quick update - Ive looked into the TVServer export xml file and found the following line:
    <setting tag="createtaginfoxml" value="no" />

Changed the value to yes, and imported settings only

I now have xml files being created with recordings....well only tested it with one recording so far.

Not sure if this was/is correct way of fixing but seems to have done the trick. Still cant explain why it was off to start with
    Any install has been a fresh install, and importing settings, would have been from previous fresh install - Dont know how i could have turned it off

If you still wish to remote in to check, your more than welcome!

Cheers
    Adam

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sorry to revive an older thread, but i have run into the same issue again.
    Only this time, i have needed to change to my recording folder.

All recording have xml files. I can see the recording inside mediaportal, but when i click play, i get an error saying unable to play .ts file
    I also dont seem to be able to import the recording in config

Any clues as to where to start?

Cheers

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You might have this problem (info copied from the 'Database import' section of - Recording - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki )

If you try to import a recording from a channel that is no-longer in your channel list, the recording will be greyed-out and will not import. If this happens, click on the 'Change channel' button and you can select a new channel to assign the recording to and this will import it.

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What i worked out was that from within mediaportal, i had to clear invalid recordings from the recordings menu.
    Once this was done, i could yhen go back to the tv server config and import shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom