Experience with TwinHan (/Azurewave) AD-TP300 (3030) DVB-T CI (2 Viewers)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Nope, can't say that I have. Btw, both ch. you're adressing are HD.... Perhaps changing codec might work. Btw, are you on singleseat, or using server+client?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm... After playing around with manual control, I find that signal for MAX is very poor, and leads to a lot of discontinuities ( = channel is unwatchable).
    Should be the same as every other channel... or am I missing something?

EDIT: Sometimes MAX is listed as scrambled.... :confused: Can poor reception do that?

EDIT2: I just expected the TwinHan to support being able to outout 5V in coax), but seems not: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/16513-post27.html.

As I'm using a active antenna (http://www.strong.tv/tvweb4/index.php?id=285 ), this might be a reason for the poor reception? (I'm in a area which should have very good reception). If so, I'll get an power inserter... EDIT:Ordered -> http://www.netonnet.no/art/tv-og-bi...ilbehor/Nedis-5Vspenningsadapter/059827.4279/ (Can it damage the TV-card?)

Cage121: What antenna are you using?

cage121

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm on singleseat. I've noticed bad reception on certain frequencies. This would have to do with the wavelength hitting some trees etc. I'm using outdoor antenna, with 43 elements. I was advised to use outdoors. Im also using an amplifier, because its poor reception here.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm happy with mine. 5V on the antenna would have been nice, and I wouldn't be sad if channel change were faster, but all in all - pretty good.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Spragleknas

Hm... After playing around with manual control, I find that signal for MAX is very poor, and leads to a lot of discontinuities ( = channel is unwatchable).
    Should be the same as every other channel... or am I missing something?
    No, signal strength can vary from frequency to frequency depending on the aerial design and many other variables.

EDIT: Sometimes MAX is listed as scrambled.... :confused: Can poor reception do that?
    Yes.

EDIT2: I just expected the TwinHan to support being able to outout 5V in coax), but seems not: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/16513-post27.html.
    Nope, TV Server does not support this feature. I think only TechnoTrend cards actually support controlling this function.

As I'm using a active antenna (SRT ANT 15: STRONG Digital TV ), this might be a reason for the poor reception? (I'm in a area which should have very good reception). If so, I'll get an power inserter... EDIT:Ordered -> König 5V power DVB-T inserter 5 volts spenningsadapter for aktive DVB-T-antenner
    Did the power inserter help?

(Can it damage the TV-card?)
    I guess anything is possible, but usually I'd expect tuners to ignore DC voltage. High DC voltages could cause problems still but 5V should be fine.

mm

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. I think the inserter helped, although it also exposes the signal to the surroundings - which probably isn't that good.
    I don't think it can damage the card, due to the design (5V only from inserter to antenna). At least nothing worng yet :D.

Your post is very useful mm.... Simone should start making a sticky :D

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Latest drivers can be found here;

Utility

Have been using two Mantis 3030 for about 3 years without any problems on XP, thinking of updating the the MP TV server to 7.

Haven't tried the CI, using a softer workaround...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    :D
    For the record, I'm aware of the new drivers, but they've given me nothing but headache... Seems to mess up CI.
    :D anyway.

cage121

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. Are you using 2 simultaneously, Spragleknas? Is this working well? With 2 subscription cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom