Experience with TwinHan (/Azurewave) AD-TP300 (3030) DVB-T CI (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Nope, haven't gotten there yet. Considering all my initial problems (which actually was because of newer drivers) I'm in no hurry to mess things up :D

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

Ordered one of these cards myself today to use with RiksTV and the official Strong CAM module. Any recommendation regarding working drivers for Windows 7 32bit?

I do have have a Terratec H7 that I use for RiksTV now, but I have all sorts of problems with tuning encrypted channels. If the card is not used for some minutes I have to eject and re-enter the CAM module to get encrypted channels to work. I have tried all sorts of drivers and tips, and I'm sick of Terratec now :mad:

So, because of the low price I was tempted to try the TwinHan AD-TP300 (3030) DVB-T CI. Hopefully this will work better. :)

Regards,
    PK

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    DO use the drivers that is shipped with CD!
    Using newest drivers created mayhem for me U(red thread).

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    DO use the drivers that is shipped with CD!
    Using newest drivers created mayhem for me U(red thread).

Thanks! I have read the thread, and that was the reason for the question :) Any other tricks I should be aware of?
    BTW: What kind of CAM are you using?

Regards,
    PK

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it safe to order one of these? Strongly considering it due to the low price, but I am also considering Digital Devices Cine CT V6 w/ CI, but that is a lot (!) more expensive, around 2300NKr when VAT and shipping is included.

I don't care much about slow channel changing as I mostly record TV and watch it later, but how slow is it exactly?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I don't think it is that slow.... I'm still happy with my purchase. I my biggest beef was trying to install the new drives.... Cost me many hours...
    I have no problem recommending it for the price. (I got two :D).

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it safe to order one of these? Strongly considering it due to the low price, but I am also considering Digital Devices Cine CT V6 w/ CI, but that is a lot (!) more expensive, around 2300NKr when VAT and shipping is included.

I don't care much about slow channel changing as I mostly record TV and watch it later, but how slow is it exactly?

I have had mine in operation for about two weeks, and there has been no errors or trouble with the card. The Strong CAM module from RiksTV works flawlessly.

The channel swap takes about 4 seconds, the same as I experience with my TerraTec H7 tuner and Cinergy PCIe T dual tuner.

Regards,
    PK

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Was just about to order two, but the payment module failed, so I ended up buying a Cine CT V6 + CI instead. If you add the cost of an additional CAM and the additional support for DVB-C, I ended up justifing the price of 2490kr at htpc.no :)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Spragleknas

Which driver version are you using?

Just started to migrate my server from XP to Win 7. XP has actually worked really well in my setup, but you know if it's not broken, enhance it...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm using the ones that came with the CD (I'll try to find ver. no, if you need it), as newest drives gave me A LOT of problems, headache and time wasting....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom