Experimental TsReader development (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Any idea of the age of the cables (unless replaced at same time as aerial), if 15+ years would consider them as well suspect, but only a good reception meter would be able to tell this of course, you need a nice friendly aerial installer to just check that for you, at least to give peace of mind, pity you could not get the guy to test the signal to you when he fitted the new aerial.

I think they would have had I been at home. Maybe I can find out if they tested anyone else's.

I've just tested with v48 and v50 on a fairly clean Win7 install and saw no glitches with v48 and a couple with v50.

Obviously it's a different time of day so the signal might be stronger, but I wonder if it's possible for something on the PC to interfere with the signal before it gets to TsWriter, which might account for the greater number of glitches I experienced on my normal Win7.

EDIT: Logs added

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry Tony for the false report... I changed nothing and now everything works just fine on V50, I also tested it with 5 channels at the same time (4 timeshifting in manual control, one watching), no problems at all^^
    Maybe my HTPC had just a bad day xD

Worked everything absolute smooth, but I will report if something should went absolute wrong again :)

Anyway, thanks for your time ;)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Obviously it's a different time of day so the signal might be stronger, but I wonder if it's possible for something on the PC to interfere with the signal before it gets to TsWriter, which might account for the greater number of glitches I experienced on my normal Win7.
    Oh yes, never buy cheap cables >_> (okay there are no good ones with a 90° plug, but that is a different story)....
    My power supply line interacted with my Tv cable... that resulted in a really bad signal, because I stuffed everything behind the tv dish (?!) but the solution was easy^^ just wrap the cable completely in some aluminum foil^^ It works pretty well and nobody can see it :D

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Oh yes, never buy cheap cables >_> (okay there are no good ones with a 90° plug, but that is a different story)....
    My power supply line interacted with my Tv cable... that resulted in a really bad signal, because I stuffed everything behind the tv dish (?!) but the solution was easy^^ just wrap the cable completely in some aluminum foil^^ It works pretty well and nobody can see it :D

Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear. What I meant was whether there could be any software on one partition that would interfere with the signal before it gets to TsWriter (thus producing what looks like signal problems in the log) compared to my other, cleaner, partition (both with Win7 x64 Ultimate)?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear. What I meant was whether there could be any software on one partition that would interfere with the signal before it gets to TsWriter (thus producing what looks like signal problems in the log) compared to my other, cleaner, partition (both with Win7 x64 Ultimate)?
    Maybe different driver versions?! oO

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Try noStopMod50 -> here <- :)

Various H.264 header parsing, media sample PMT info, NALU start code detection, sample queue locking, video/audio 'slow motion sync' experiments/mods/fixes.

Tony

Hi Tony!

You are the hero!!!
    Now our h.264 streams look really good - so long perfect - no problems. Channel channging takes a few seconds but thats normal I think...
    I it OK for you if I post your result in other threads that tried to solve our problem? Or should I wait?

Thankx a lot (y) (y) (y)

Good :)

No problem with posting in the other threads - more testing is good.

Tony

Hi Tony
    First Problems now with noStopMod50...
    Sometimes after zapping from one channel to another there is only balck screen and no audio - also MP doesn't react anymore...
    Well - it only happenes sometimes - so I can not reproduce the error - but I'l try to make a log when it happens...

can you see anything here?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Tony!

You are the hero!!!
    Now our h.264 streams look really good - so long perfect - no problems. Channel channging takes a few seconds but thats normal I think...
    I it OK for you if I post your result in other threads that tried to solve our problem? Or should I wait?

Thankx a lot (y) (y) (y)

Good :)

No problem with posting in the other threads - more testing is good.

Tony

Hi Tony
    First Problems now with noStopMod50...
    Sometimes after zapping from one channel to another there is only balck screen and no audio - also MP doesn't react anymore...
    Well - it only happenes sometimes - so I can not reproduce the error - but I'l try to make a log when it happens...

can you see anything here?

I can see TsReader hasn't been able to find any video data in the stream, but there is no real clue why (it looks like data has just stopped arriving, or it's stopped trying to read it). Next time it happens can you post all of the log files please ?

Tony

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry Tony!
    I thought the tsreader.log is enough...
    Next Time I will post it all

At the moment it all works fine :)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Tony,
    I've been reading through this thread and it seems really interesting. I'm just curious though, does TsReader have anything to do with the video (image) quality of LiveTV or is that purely a codec issue. Right now my system runs LiveTV (SD) pretty smooth, but the image is lacking even by SD standards. I was just wondering if playing with different TsReaders would help that or not.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom